Well this sticks. I have no sound. only vibrate. I have taken the battery out and nothing. I have upgraded and downgraded and upgarded again. still nothing. What is wrong with this thing? Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
    02-07-10 07:41 PM
    did you check your profile settings?
    02-07-10 08:08 PM
    No music? tones? or in a call
    02-07-10 08:12 PM
    I have checked the profile. I believe anyways. I have no music, tones or in call. How do I fix?
    02-07-10 08:49 PM
    do a battery pull... with the phone still on, remove the battery for about 30 seconds. Then reinstall the battery and let the phone reboot. try the music after that and see what it does.
    02-07-10 09:44 PM
    I have checked the profile. I believe anyways. I have no music, tones or in call. How do I fix?
    w
    So you can't hear the caller? Speakerphone does not work...unless the mute button is stuck on top of phone you need to send it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 09:45 PM
    mute only prevents the caller to not hear you, but you can still hear the caller.
    02-07-10 10:02 PM
    I did a software update last week and experiencing a similar problem (I think). The phone is on normal or loud mode. Calls coming in on screen, but no ringing. (Does not hop immediately to VM)

I did a battery pull. It helped only for a few minutes. One call came in ok, next one was silent - only aware of the call coming in because I saw it flash on the screen.

It is not an issue with speakers/sound - as I checked the last caller (my mom)'s profile - it played her assigned ringtone perfectly. I changed it to default tone. Saved. Had her call me back. Again, no ring.

I don't use my phone for music/video - purely phone calls/email/calendar - so not utilizing media card applications that could impact it in any way.

While this is happening, I've been at my desk, not changing location - full signal strength.

Speakers are working.
    Profile is either normal or loud (tried to see if it would make a difference)
    Happens whether it is someone in my contact list w/ an assigned ring tone or a general caller with no default ring assigned to them.
    Never had this experience prior to update last week.
    Phone has not been dropped, etc.
    02-08-10 03:57 PM
    I am having same problem. Phone will vibrate when a call or message is incoming, but will not play the ringtone. I can't even hear the ringtones when you try to play them. Something's wrong.....
    02-08-10 05:37 PM
    OP: What version OS are you running? You said you upgraded and downgraded and upgraded again - what version were you installing?

There may be an issue with the OS. For example, 4.5.0.175 seems to have a profile crash problem - I lose ringers every so often if I don't do a battery pull regularly. If you're running a hybrid or 5.0 from Boost there may be some other issue that occurred.

I don't really know tons about it, but I was thinking that would be some good additional information to share to see if maybe we can pinpoint the problem.
    02-08-10 05:46 PM
    How can you tell which OS you are running? Where would I look?
    02-08-10 05:52 PM
    Go to Options -> About

On the 3rd line, you'll see which version you're running.

For example, mine says:

BlackBerry(R) 8330m
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55)

The bolded part is the part I was interested in.
    02-08-10 05:58 PM
    02-08-10 06:05 PM
    Thanks Michikade, it is the same as yours.

Go to Options -> About

On the 3rd line, you'll see which version you're running.

For example, mine says:

BlackBerry(R) 8330m
    smartphone (CDMA)

The bolded part is the part I was interested in.
    02-08-10 06:21 PM
    I had the same problem. Took the phone back to Sprint, the Tech checked it out and determined that I a corupt file. They backed up my phone and reinstalled everything and has been working fine for about a month now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD