I just did the upgrade for the 4.5 os from 4.3 and now I don't have the option for roam only. I need this because when I am home, my phone swithes between no bars to no signal frequently which results in a lot of dropped calls. Is this not available? If not does anyone know where I can get the original 4.3 for Sprint/Nextel. I did a search and I looked on sprint. If someone could help me out with this I will really appreciate it.
    08-19-08 10:19 AM
    No takers? Oh well guess I'll have to give up the crack...
    08-19-08 04:38 PM
    You can go to BlackBerry for the latest official OS.
    08-19-08 04:44 PM
    08-19-08 04:51 PM
    OMG thank you! I was just putting everything back in the box to return it and go for the Q9c. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    08-19-08 04:56 PM
    lol wow Circa1980 that was drastic. Hope you found what you needed.
    08-19-08 04:58 PM
    OMG thank you! I was just putting everything back in the box to return it and go for the Q9c. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Na! Don't do that! Sometimes a little patience goes a long way. I know it can be agrivating when somethings not working the way you want it to. You'll almost always find what you're looking for here.
    08-19-08 04:59 PM
    lol wow Circa1980 that was drastic. Hope you found what you needed.
    Well when I first went to get a new phone, I looked at the Curve, the instinct, and the Q. The instinct on display crashed TWICE while I was playing with it and then completely froze up and it doesn't have roam only as well so it was out. Honestly, I picked the curve because it was prettiest Rubbing the trackball had my fingers hurting so I figured since the upgrade isn't working out for me I may as well try the Q, but I'm really starting to like the Curve, minus the trackball. If I could just get rid of that this phone would be perfect.
    08-19-08 05:28 PM
    This may help: BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

By knowing some of the shortcuts, you don't have to rely so much on the trackball.

Also, you can adjust the sensitivity on the trackball. Options>Screen/Keyboard, then scroll down to Trackball and change the sensitivity. I set mine to 80 and 80.
    08-19-08 05:32 PM

Also, you can adjust the sensitivity on the trackball. Options>Screen/Keyboard, then scroll down to Trackball and change the sensitivity. I set mine to 80 and 80.
    You've been so much help. I already tried the sensitivity, but I have really sensitive hands and the trackball is grainy when I'm using it. But I am learning a lot on this site so hopefully it won't be much of a bother.
    08-19-08 06:02 PM
    Hey man, I hear ya on not having the "ROAM only" option on the Sprint network, I just left them before my 30 days was up b/c I had to keep my phone on ROAM only b/c their service blows...go w/ AT&T, you'll be much happier
    08-19-08 06:07 PM
    Well when I first went to get a new phone, I looked at the Curve, the instinct, and the Q. The instinct on display crashed TWICE while I was playing with it and then completely froze up and it doesn't have roam only as well so it was out. Honestly, I picked the curve because it was prettiest Rubbing the trackball had my fingers hurting so I figured since the upgrade isn't working out for me I may as well try the Q, but I'm really starting to like the Curve, minus the trackball. If I could just get rid of that this phone would be perfect.
    Get rid of the trackball? You're nuts!
    08-19-08 06:26 PM
    Get rid of the trackball? You're nuts!
    The trackball is way better then the old scroll wheels.
    08-19-08 06:37 PM
    Hey man, I hear ya on not having the "ROAM only" option on the Sprint network, I just left them before my 30 days was up b/c I had to keep my phone on ROAM only b/c their service blows...go w/ AT&T, you'll be much happier
    There are sooo many stories I could rell you about sprint but in all fairness, for the last month, I have been coming across very well trained and helpful reps (in the cancellation department) They even gave me this phone at a deep discount. I would love to go to AT&T but in my area, alltel has the best service, and sprint has the best plan. And since alltel is going to Verizon and I do not like them I am staying with Sprint until I move in about 1 1/2 years.
    08-19-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD