I'm a new BB user. I have the 8320 through T-Mobile. Last night a friend called me on my land line phone and asked me why I hadn't answered my BB throughout the day. He had called me four times and each time he immediately got voice mail without any ringing. On my end, the BB never rang. I checked the profile and it was set correctly to "normal (active)". I called my BB and voice-mail immediately came on with no ringing. T-Mobile support had me take out and put in the battery. This resulted in calls to my BB ringing again. The rep stated that this phone should be turned off and on briefly each day and that the battery should be taken out every several days to avoid problems with it not ringing. Now I'm worried about future missed calls. Anyone else encountered this problem? If so, is T-Mobile's preventative fix correct? Thank you.
    01-06-08 11:07 AM
    I Had This Problem With My Last Phone! (Gay Xcursion)

Phone Would'nt Ring But A Message Would Randomly Come Up Saying "New Voicemail" & "1 Missed Call"
    01-06-08 11:11 AM
    I'm a new BB user. I have the 8320 through T-Mobile. Last night a friend called me on my land line phone and asked me why I hadn't answered my BB throughout the day. He had called me four times and each time he immediately got voice mail without any ringing. On my end, the BB never rang. I checked the profile and it was set correctly to "normal (active)". I called my BB and voice-mail immediately came on with no ringing. T-Mobile support had me take out and put in the battery. This resulted in calls to my BB ringing again. The rep stated that this phone should be turned off and on briefly each day and that the battery should be taken out every several days to avoid problems with it not ringing. Now I'm worried about future missed calls. Anyone else encountered this problem? If so, is T-Mobile's preventative fix correct? Thank you.
    First thing, they're fix should not be considered normal usage of a phone. If you have to go through these steps, as suggested by them, you need to replace the phone.

Just an idea. Call them back, and make sure that call forwarding has not been accidentally turned on somehow. I had this happen, with another carrier once... Apparently, hitting #F or something activated call forwarding from my handset. Since I didn't have a number set up for forwarding, all calls went straight to voicemail.

If that's not it, return the phone. Pulling the battery every 3 days and turning it off every day should not be necessary....at all.
    01-06-08 11:30 AM
    I have had this problem for at least the past 5 days. I was also told by T-Mobile to remove the battery but that did not solve the problem. Now they want me to go to a store location to test my sim card in a different phone to see if THAT'S the problem.

I been having all kinds of problems with T-Mobile and there answer is ALWAYS "remove the battery".
    01-24-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD