Last ngith i went out dancing and my lighter was in the same pocket as my 8330...all night when i took it out of my pocket it worked but i would have to clear out of unknown screens. finally about 3 am when i went to use it the screen was black and nothing worked. i took out the battery and let it sit. when it reloaded i was able to scroll the menu with the ball but it wont let me select or dial out. at one time it worked for about 10 min and then went back to the same. any advice??????
    12-07-08 10:03 PM
    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday but I wasn't dancing nor did I have a lighter in my pocket. Was working with it in my back pocket and when I took it out the screen was black even if I pushed the keys. I removed the battery and let it reset. It took me a few times to realize what was happening, it just wasn't responding to keys so the screen would never come out of black mode. The trackball was working, you could see if you started moving it right after the phone booted before the screen went black. I left the battery out for a while and eventually I got use of the keys back.
    12-07-08 11:38 PM
    If you were out dancing with the phone in your pocket, is it possible that your phone and in particular, the keyboard was exposed to moisture?

The keyboard is sensitive to high humidity situations and you probably want to avoid them.

Leave the battery out and let it dry out for a while.
    12-08-08 07:35 AM
    i have left the battery out for 24 hours now...and it still doesnt work!! any other ideas??
    12-08-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD