My curve used to have an option to open an attachment highlighted in an e-mail. Now I don't see that option any more.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    JK
    10-04-08 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem, but I am wondering if it has something to do with a size limitation..? I can open small attachments, but if I receive anything 3+megs then the "Open Attachment" option disapears.
    10-04-08 10:09 AM
    What type of file is the attachment?
    With some files you do not get the option.
    10-04-08 10:26 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You might want to verify BlackBerry Attachment Manager is still installed on the device. It is possible to delete it and loose the ability to open attachments.

Options / Advanced Options / Applications. I should be the third entry down. If it has been removed, it can be restored but it will require a Windows computer and downloading the device package.
    10-04-08 12:03 PM
    I have the Blackberry attachment service still installed. however, if I receive a video .mpg .wma etc, it will not allow me to save it. If the email is over 3 megs it will not allow me to download the attachment. Is that a limitation of the blackberry devices?
    10-05-08 05:36 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You might want to verify BlackBerry Attachment Manager is still installed on the device. It is possible to delete it and loose the ability to open attachments.

Options / Advanced Options / Applications. I should be the third entry down. If it has been removed, it can be restored but it will require a Windows computer and downloading the device package.
    I dont ever recall seeing this on my phone in applications; so I checked & its not there. I just sent myself a photo and have the option to open the attachment- so I did.

But reading Deans post, is it not possible to open media of that type?
    I dont know about saving it to the card. The photo I sent myself didnt give me an option to save after opening it.
    10-05-08 05:50 AM
    My 8330 does not have attachmnent manager in "Advanced Options" either but I do get the "open attchment" prompt. I have not received an attachment over 3 megs yet though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 07:52 AM
    I have blackberry attachment service as my third app as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 08:01 AM
    I have blackberry attachment service in there as well. But again, maybe it is just a limitation. I am sure that someone has a 4 meg video they can email them self as a test. But it doesn't give me the options to view or save them.
    10-05-08 12:03 PM
    I have the Blackberry attachment service still installed. however, if I receive a video .mpg .wma etc, it will not allow me to save it. If the email is over 3 megs it will not allow me to download the attachment. Is that a limitation of the blackberry devices?
    Are you able to view attached videos if they are "under" 3megs?

I cannot. Photos are fine as are PDF's even over 3megs but attached videos show as attached but I can't open them.

I have also never been able to "save" an attachment say to my media card.
    10-05-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD