I have tried to figure it out for the past two days. In media/ringtones/options there is not an option to "Download Ring Tones". I have setup the phone the best I could with the Blackberry 101 and other tutorials, and I still do not have the option.

It has to be something easy, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Phone info:
    BB Curve 8330
    Verizon

Thanks,
    Ryan
    07-04-08 12:40 AM
    Where are you wanting to get the ringtones from? Via a desktop transfer to a media card (free) or OTA?
    07-04-08 12:43 AM
    Where are you wanting to get the ringtones from? Via a desktop transfer to a media card (free) or OTA?

I just want the option to be able to download them to the phone from verizon. Newb question what does OTA mean?
    07-04-08 12:45 AM
    OTA - Over the Air..........

Depending on your data plan you can make your own ringtones for free, have some fun.....AND save some money....

My current tone is the Nurse whistle from Kill Bill........I can prolly send it to you if you want it.......
    07-04-08 12:51 AM
    What the op is referring to is a get it now option, which is verizon specific.

There is no application on any blackbery device to carrier specifically download ringtones. The good news is that we get our tones for free. do a google seach for free blackberry ringtones and you will find anything you could possibly want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 12:56 AM

There is no application on any blackbery device to carrier specifically download ringtones. The good news is that we get our tones for free. do a google seach for free blackberry ringtones and you will find anything you could possibly want.

Thanks........I am def not THE Verizon person......been w. ATT since they were ATT the FIRST time........thanks for the info
    07-04-08 12:58 AM
    No problem. I have been with verizon for years, and I had the exact same issue when I got my first pearl, so I knew exactly what the op meant.

07-04-08 01:01 AM

LOL, So the reason I am not seeing it is because it is not supposed to be there? This thing had me going crazy.
    07-04-08 01:07 AM
    You got it. think of your berry as a small computer rather than a phone. It is way different than verizon's typical cell phones. We have no need for the GIN interface. Our devices do much more.

07-04-08 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD