Hi, I bought a Blackberry 8320 from eBay but the cellphone won't get any network coverage; there's an 'X' next to the signal antenna on the top-right corner. I do get Wi-fi and I'm able to connect to the internet though.
    When I go and run the diagnostic test for the mobile network I get the following result:

Radio Data Activation: No
    Signal Level: Unknown
    Radio Access: Unknown
    Network: Unknown
    IP Address: Unknown
    CMP Ping Echo: No

I've tried all the suggestions I've found without avail. From switching sim cards, trying to turn the connections on and off, hard-resetting, up to OS upgrading. The only thing I haven't tried is to completely wipe clean the Blackberry and install a fresh OS on it, should I do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OS is v4.5.0.188
    11-25-10 08:23 PM
    Which cellphone service provider are you using first of all?

Also did you try manage connections and make sure mobile network is on?
    11-25-10 08:25 PM
    The phone is unlocked and I'm planning to use it internationally, and yes the mobile network is on.
    Everything is working perfectly except for the network coverage; Alas, arguably the most important part.
    11-25-10 08:35 PM
    Then I would attempt to a fresh install. See if that helps if it doesn't the phone might have been a dud that someone was trying to get rid of.

Also who is your current carrier for the SIM you have been trying?
    11-25-10 08:38 PM
    The current carrier is T-mobile but as I said the phone is unlocked so it accepts any sim card, I've already tried multiple ones and all have the same problem even though all sim cards work properly when installed in other phones.

I'm going to do a complete wipe and reinstall the OS, hopefully that solves the problem, if not then it means is hardware related.

As a side note, when I turn on the LED coverage indicator it flashes green as if the phone has network coverage. Isn't that weird?
    11-25-10 08:51 PM
    yeah anyways good luck hope a fresh install will help you out
    11-25-10 08:53 PM
    Did the fresh install but still the same...is this a hardware problem?
    11-25-10 11:18 PM
    Did the fresh install but still the same...is this a hardware problem?
    Most likely yes
    11-26-10 01:08 AM
    As it turns out it was a hardware problem. I got it fixed for about $30.
    11-30-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD