Greetings once again! I just recently discovered that my blackberry doesn't have MMS (thanks Sprint!) so I'm trying to figure out alternatives to this. Basically what I'd like to do is upload pics and whatnot to a site and send a link via sms to those people who have text numbers.

I know Flickr does this but I'm open to suggestions and ideas to make this as easy as possible for me and the people who have text numbers. Sorry if this has been discussed but I wasn't sure how to phrase what exactly I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!
    09-29-08 08:16 PM
    Change carriers to one that supports MMS
    09-29-08 08:20 PM
    Email the attachment to their mobile #....if you can. I know with VZW you can send a mobile phone an email. For VZW it is their # @vtext.com I think. So create an email to like [email protected] and (if like VZW) they will get it on their phone.

Now whether or not it actually works I don't know. It works with VZW....but then again we don't have to do that cause we have MMS support.
    09-29-08 08:25 PM
    Ooh, I'll try that jdubau55, thanks for the suggestion.
    09-29-08 08:30 PM
    What I would do is pack up your service and send it back to Sprint for a refund, then go to Verizon...
    09-29-08 08:32 PM
    Ooh, I'll try that jdubau55, thanks for the suggestion.
    I would go to the Sprint forum and ask if it is possible to send an email to a "dumb" phone through text message. Like I said I know you can on VZW, but who knows about Sprint.
    09-29-08 09:33 PM
    What I would do is pack up your service and send it back to Sprint for a refund, then go to Verizon...
    Except then he'd be giving up GPS and WIFI! Every carrier has it's ups and downs, just hafta decide what one really wants the most!
    09-29-08 09:34 PM
    My buddy has Sprint. And, he seems to think they have mms coming soon. Now, is he dreaming?
    09-29-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD