Hi Folks,

I've got a 2nd hand unlocked 8320 and everything was running sweet. Couldnt upload pics or receive mms as I discovered the IT policy was enabled. So I google'd my problem and successfully removed the IT policy. So now absolutely everything worked except mms. Then DM told me there was a firmware update, so I updated!
    Now the problem I have is, theres no email folder. I can receive email (they appear in my messages folder) but theres no seperate email folder and I cant send or reply to emails as I get the 'No message services configured, you will only be able to send to draft'

So I went into my providers email settings and it tells me theres an email address configured for this device. Ive tried deleting service books and resending, and re-registering with the BB network and everything works fine but mms and email. I've dialed my provider many times and they say the problem is with the device, not them. Help!?!

Marti
    02-22-10 06:32 AM
    Try hitting your BB button and select show all, it's might be hidden.
    02-22-10 06:34 AM
    Try hitting your BB button and select show all, it's might be hidden.
    Done that mate, coz I usually make a folder to store all the crap I dont use and then hide it. So it aint in there or anywhere for that matter.
    02-22-10 06:39 AM
    Anyone? This is driving me freakin mental! I'm pretty capable with BB but this one has me stumped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 08:02 AM
    You should not be able to set up email until the old address is removed from your providers site. They can do this or refer you to bis to do this. The only other way is to have the previous owner remove the email or provide you with a password so you can delete it.
    02-22-10 10:21 AM
    You should not be able to set up email until the old address is removed from your providers site. They can do this or refer you to bis to do this. The only other way is to have the previous owner remove the email or provide you with a password so you can delete it.
    Hi Tom,

I know its second hand, but I did have it running with my email address etc. The previous owner had released it. Its just since I removed the IT policy and DM upgraded the firmware that the email folder has went AWOL. I still receive my email but into my messages folder and I can't reply. I will try remove my BIS address tonight and re-add, see if that solves the problem

02-22-10 11:10 AM
    That might do it.. have you set your messages, options, general setting, for separate folders? instead of combined or theme controlled?
    02-22-10 01:48 PM
    That might do it.. have you set your messages, options, general setting, for separate folders? instead of combined or theme controlled?
    Yep did that, hoping it would help. And sure enough only the emails arrive at the messages folder. But still no specific email folder

02-22-10 01:53 PM
    I bet when you delete and add your email back to BIS and get your service books you will be good to go...
    02-22-10 01:56 PM
    Fixed! Deleted my bis email account and re-added it. Now I've got my email back )

02-23-10 03:02 AM
    glad to hear it!!
    02-23-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD