This is a weird situation and I need help.

I have a BB 8310 and the screen is blank except for the top bar showing the time, ATT and power/signal bars but no icons. I know is not the screen because when I press the Send key the list of calls shows. While at the Home screen (the blank one) I press the Menu key nothing happens.

When the list of calls is displayed the Menu key works and if I select Switch Application other applications shows including Messages where I can send and read them. Again the Menu key works in there too. But that is as much as I can do. (The other applications are useless like PTT, Home, Browser)

I can not go to the Option menu to try to do a complete reset. I downloaded the latest OS and no difference. Please help. Thanks
    09-13-10 08:15 AM
    This is a weird situation and I need help.

I have a BB 8310 and the screen is blank except for the top bar showing the time, ATT and power/signal bars but no icons. I know is not the screen because when I press the Send key the list of calls shows. While at the Home screen (the blank one) I press the Menu key nothing happens.

When the list of calls is displayed the Menu key works and if I select Switch Application other applications shows including Messages where I can send and read them. Again the Menu key works in there too. But that is as much as I can do. (The other applications are useless like PTT, Home, Browser)

I can not go to the Option menu to try to do a complete reset. I downloaded the latest OS and no difference. Please help. Thanks
    Bumping this post because I'm having the exact same problem, also tried pulling the battery and latest OS. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
    09-15-10 04:29 PM
    did you try changing the theme? press O on the home screen to access options goto theme ect...
    09-15-10 09:29 PM
    Has anyone been able to get this fixed? This just happened to mine yesterday. No menu from home screen and black ovals where the icons used to be...
    10-27-10 10:05 AM
    Sounds like you guys deleted your themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD