I just installed 4.5 on my AT&T 8310! (thanx Garz) and it works fine except no html email. Is there a setting I need to change?
    09-24-08 02:25 AM
    You need to resend your Service Books.

Login to your carrier's BIS account and send them from there.

If you do not know how to do this then call your carrier and ask them to send them for you. Also have them walk you through the process of setting up your BIS account on their site because you will need this every time you upgrade.
    09-24-08 02:38 AM
    And just 2 more small tips. If you are asked what your OS
    version is, tell them it is 4.2.2.170. They may be reticent to help
    you if you tell them you have a non AT&T release on your phone.

Leave out any mention of HTML email.
    09-24-08 02:47 AM
    Thanks Guys, I was able to figure it out and resend the books. Now I have HTML email!

Long live CrackBerry
    09-24-08 03:07 AM
    Excellent!! Enjoy.

Welcome to CrackBerry
    09-24-08 03:10 AM
    And just 2 more small tips. If you are asked what your OS
    version is, tell them it is 4.2.2.170. They may be reticent to help
    you if you tell them you have a non AT&T release on your phone.

Leave out any mention of HTML email.
    That's a good tip AG. AT&T must be touchy about what they see as unsupported OSs.
    09-24-08 03:32 AM
    Twice I've had problems getting HTML to work on 4.5.0.69. The first time, I was unable to log into BIS to resend my own books due to an input error on ATT's side. Once that was fixed by ATT, I was good to go. The second time was a month later with a brand new curve. I resent my own books and had ATT resend them and still had problems. Both times when contacting ATT, I mentioned that I upgraded to 4.5 and ATT really didn't care. They mentioned that they do not yet support the OS, but they had no issue with verifying my BIS account and resending books. They we're actually impressed I was able to figure it out myself and one even cracked that I must be a fellow crackberry member. Point is, they don't care about the OS you run. They just can't help you with it but they can take care of the books since that isn't OS specific.

Oh, and I never figured out why HTML didn't work the second time on .69 but when I upgraded to .81 last week, it worked like a charm.

Also do thread search for "no html on 4.5". I started it last week and their are instructions on how to delete your books so you can send them again. I just never got to trying it before .81 came out.

Wow, I really need to have my coffee before posting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 07:29 AM
    You need to resend your Service Books.

Login to your carrier's BIS account and send them from there.

If you do not know how to do this then call your carrier and ask them to send them for you. Also have them walk you through the process of setting up your BIS account on their site because you will need this every time you upgrade.
    Thnx - i had the same issue on my Verizon 8330 - I resent my service books and now it works
    09-24-08 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD