For some reason when I go into the Blackberry Browser and hit the menu key I don't have a "Go To" option and it sends me to a login screen. Even If I login I still don't get the option to go to any other URL. What gives? I'm sure it's something really simple that I'm overlooking, but I can't figure this **** out. Anyone know? I read that apparently you fix this by closing the browser and reopening it, but I have no close option either. I have also tried a battery pull to no avail. What the F.
    07-10-08 02:09 AM
    Welcome to CB. It's because you didn't correctly close the email set up wizard. You need to press menu and then close. Next time you open the browser, it should be fine.
    07-10-08 02:18 AM
    Welcome to CB. It's because you didn't correctly close the email set up wizard. You need to press menu and then close. Next time you open the browser, it should be fine.
    Thank you, but there is no close option either. The last thing in the menu is "Switch Application".
    07-10-08 02:21 AM
    What happens if you go to switch app, switch to the browser, then press menu? I'm very skeptical to believe that you do no have a close option.
    07-10-08 02:29 AM
    Same result. No lie there is no option to close the browser. Here is my options: Help, Find, Select, Home, Forward, Recent Pages, History, Refresh, Set Encoding, Page Address, Send Address, Options, Save Page and Switch Application being the last one. This is driving me nuts!
    Last edited by zsig; 07-10-08 at 02:46 AM.
    07-10-08 02:35 AM
    I finally figured it out after nearly ripping my hair out. The battery pull doesn't resolve it, because apparently my carrier put the "Email Settings" application to be launched upon boot. So it would load up this dumbed down version of the browser, without an option to close it. I fixed it by going to a link through a text message and somehow this forced the browser back into its normal mode, but I'm going to have to do this every time I do a battery pull in order to have full functionality. Weird.
    07-10-08 03:27 AM
    who is your carrier and do you have a data plan?

this kind of info does help as there could be a resolution to your issue.
    07-10-08 03:32 AM
    Go to a webpage, say google, hit menu key and select options, browser configuration, scroll down and select use current. This will set google as your homepage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 03:37 AM
    You could also try opening the browser and going to Options>Browser Configuration>Start Page: and select Start Page or Bookmarks page. I use the Start Page myself. This should default your browser to the page you indicate whenever you start it.
    07-10-08 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD