OK, I'm not new to my BlackBerry 8330. I'm running 4.5.077 and I've had this thing safely running making backups every 7 days and running smooth.

Lately its started this thing where I can't delete anything off of the memory card.

Here's what I've done so far to correct my problem.
    I've done a battery pull, I've wiped the handheld and even installed a very old backup when I know for a fact it existed then.

Even still, for anytype of media on my phone, there is no option for delete. I do have full menu turned on as well. I've searched and found a similar problem, and it didn't correct it. I find it a PITA to connect a computer just to delete pictures or music or ringtones...

Can anyone help out with this? This phone will be turned in shortly for an exchange due to the charging port failing, its literally wiggling, so I'm hoping the replacement won't have this problem... Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 10:16 PM
    try taking the memory card out and putting it back in that helped me when that happened but I did end up getting a new phone because the memory card slot burnt out hope this helps
    04-05-09 11:59 PM
    I'm sure the replacement will find these answers resolved.
    04-06-09 04:17 AM
    On occasion deleting from the phone will show it still there until you pull the battery but once that is done it usually resolves the issue. When you get the replacement my advice would be to get a cradle so you can lessen the wear and tear on the port - use the back contacts to charge and use the port only to sync for backups etc.
    04-06-09 04:55 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortinately I don't really use it that often. Ijust noticed I can't delete pictures unless its attached to the computer or if I just took a picture. Resetting the memory card didn't work either, atleast I know that's not the issue. I'll look into a cradle too. Its just annoying. Even if a picture is saved from the web I can't delete it. I'd just like to know what's causing it incase I get another phone and it happens to that one as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD