I just noticed that all of my data apps pretty much pause while I'm on a call... then when I hang up the messages come pouring in. Is this normal?
    11-08-07 11:18 AM
    Yes, blackberry devices will not transfer data while a voice call is being placed.
    11-08-07 11:22 AM
    Ok. That kinda bites, but oh well.
    11-08-07 11:26 AM
    YEPPERS!!
    Is it that the network that the device is on/supports (non UMTS /3G) or just BB in general (praying that the future Berries will support UMTS).
    But yeah no data while on a call, it does suck but I only will talk if I have to, am in front of a computer or driving (I know thats bad, shame on me)
    11-08-07 11:54 AM
    That's a 3G capability. Someday soon, hopefully.
    11-08-07 12:12 PM
    I just noticed that all of my data apps pretty much pause while I'm on a call... then when I hang up the messages come pouring in. Is this normal?
    Yo "bass" I wondered that as well when I first got my bb, so I called and asked about it. I was hit with there's no way around that without 3g basically . That really bites, bc if you have to take an important call you could miss some important emails @ the same time. Hopefully this will be taken care of soon. That's a true statement hang up= tons of messages and flashing lights.
    11-08-07 02:01 PM
    I don't see where the problem is. So, are all of you saying you'd "hang on Tim, I have an email I need to check on" or "BB messanger note from Bob and they are more important, one sec" while talking to someone? Yeah, it's a little weird getting hit all at once, but I'd rather finish my phone call before ignoring them. Unless I'm not getting the question fully....
    11-09-07 01:16 AM
    Well, I'm quite able to multitask while on a call. That's the only thing I might miss about my 8525.
    11-09-07 09:19 AM
    I say come over to T-Mobile, and get a Curve 8320! Wi-Fi, baby...
    11-09-07 09:56 AM
    LOL, nope! It's not that serious.
    11-09-07 10:25 AM
    I get data while I'm on a call. It took some getting used to the beeps to let me know an email or yahoo message came in. Then I learned how to shut it off. lol
    11-10-07 01:33 PM
    Personally I could not give a flying f. to be receive data/emails and make calls simultaneously.

That said, certain new cutting edge multimedia phones like the Nokia N95 support Dual Transfer Mode (DTM). DTM supports simultaneous voice and packet data connection in GSM/EDGE networks.
    11-10-07 04:14 PM
    No big deal. It would just come in after the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 04:49 PM
    I multi-task all the time. I project manage 4 different business lines (in the southern califorinia), I analyze data, staff specializing -- to name the major task I do 5x a week. Focusing on a phone call that last 30 minutes - 3 hours, is a welcoming break. Email can wait. If it was THAT important, they can call me and tell me about it ASAP. Just my 2 cents.
    11-10-07 05:11 PM
    That's why I had my profiles configured to "NO" for "Notify Me During Calls" on all my email accounts.
    11-10-07 05:34 PM
    Personally I could not give a flying f. to be receive data/emails and make calls simultaneously....

Nice language.

FWIW, you can send/receive sms while on the phone (not that one would really need to but it does work.)
    11-10-07 06:02 PM
    I have noticed this too, but only with an 80 db signal.

Nice language.

FWIW, you can send/receive sms while on the phone (not that one would really need to but it does work.)
    07-12-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD