I was doing fine. Then it happened.

I was adding folders and then decided I wanted to go back to the way I had it before. I got over confident and was moving apps very fast and not looking what I was doing because I was in a rhythm. Anyways, I ended up deleting the "Up" folder in one of the folders and now I have NOTHING listed under my Applications menu from the home screen.

Any clues, or suggestions, please help quickly :/
    07-20-08 12:46 AM
    What you might have to do is to reinstall your Device software and then reload in onto your BB
    07-20-08 01:02 AM
    i concur
    07-20-08 01:04 AM
    It's a bit quick to reinstall the OS. Here are a couple of things you can try first. Try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. You could also try changing the theme.
    07-20-08 01:04 AM
    I would definitely listen to sunkast before you listen to me
    07-20-08 01:05 AM
    Cant change my theme.

At the moment I have the today theme. All the icons are showing but the Calendar Text is missing but selectable. I then went to click the BB button that takes you to applications and I get a blank screen with only the time and my signal on it.
    07-20-08 01:07 AM
    Anyways, I searched reinstall OS but I must be a ****** or blind because its 2 AM. I see how to update, but not resintall over the current.
    07-20-08 01:08 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    07-20-08 01:14 AM
    I wish I just new an easy way to overwrite the Today theme with the original to fix the issues(assuming thats all it would take).

Is there any way to do this? Or any way to change the theme if you cant even get into options by clicking on the icon(since no icons are there and when in the "Applications" section no icons or menus work)
    07-20-08 01:15 AM
    Yes battery pull = nothing.
    07-20-08 01:15 AM
    Download and install the OS for your device onto your computer, and Desktop Manager if it isn't already installed.
    07-20-08 01:21 AM
    done and done.
    07-20-08 01:24 AM
    Good Morning, looks like SuperBad had the late shift.

You are getting good advice. Deleting from the device is a one way trip. There are no provisions for restoring once something is gone.

Applications Loader, part of DTM, does allow you to add or remove OS components.

You may find this discussion helpful, it is focused on managing memory, but it does include detailed device management information.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-20-08 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD