Hey guys,

I am not a moron, lol, but I can't figure this out. I got the Curve and the Calender worked perfectly, it would alert me 15minutes or whenever i set it before the appointment. One day it stopped, and I couldn't figure out why. I then got a new Curve because the charging componet on that one went bad, i got the phone, set up an apt., and it alerted me. I thought all was well, few days, maybe weeks later it doesn't work again.

Now the only thing i installed on both were JiveTalk, but my friend has that on his Curve, and as well as my friend has that on her Pearl, but their calendar still works, so I am thinking it isnt that, but has anyone encountered simliar problems with Jive Talk?

I'm also thinking it has to do with Desktop Manager, because when I had the first Blackberry, i had it synced with my Desktop at work with my Outlook, and if i made an Apt in Outlook's Calender it would alert on my phone, but not if i made it on my phone.

When i got my new curve, i moved jobs so now i have my desktop manager on my personal PC at home, and no outlook, so i cant even go through the hastle of putting it in that way.

If anyone has any assistance please let me know. I checked the settings that the ringer is on and everything like that, but it just doenst work, i have to set it in my calendar to have in there adn then set a task for it, so for double the work, its a pain.

Cliff Notes: I had 2 Blackberry Curves, Both Calendars stopped working...Why?
    02-28-08 11:44 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    02-28-08 12:35 PM
    yes, i do that often for other things, so it has been pulled several times. this has been like this for months, i just now got the energy to make a post, lol.
    02-28-08 01:23 PM
    Only other thing I can think of is to check the sync options on desktop manager to make sure it's not causing the problem.
    02-28-08 01:27 PM
    well what option would there be? is there an option that once you use desktop manager it defaults to only letting a computer set the apts?
    02-28-08 03:35 PM
    Yes. There is an option that will remove the alarm for outlook.
    02-28-08 04:08 PM
    so since i have desktop manager set up it will not alert me unless set up through outlook? how do i change this as i want my alerts and dont use outlook for them.
    03-04-08 01:46 PM
    anyone??
    03-05-08 01:38 PM
    I'm having the same problem except that I do not sync mine to a computer at all? Someone please help.
    04-20-08 11:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure that in Options on the BB you can tell the Calendar to not do alarms. So if it's possible to manually shut that off, it might have somehow been triggered by mistake.
    05-18-08 09:27 PM
    Hi,

I've been having the same problem. I've seen a few posts here and elsewhere on the same problem (I've not found a sure fix yet). This is my 3rd year with a BB and only on the recent models did I notice encountering this issue.

Daily Tasks reminders work initially then they just don't "recur" anymore...

There is one recommendation from others about deleting specific service books, if you can find that via search and give it a read. I believe some people said it helped them, although it didn't correct mine.

I remain hopeful and keep looking for a fix!
    05-23-08 06:32 AM
    did anyone ever figure this out? i think i read somewhere that it may have something to do with a certificate? mine still wont alert... i have a cdma curve with the 4.3 os...not sure if that makes a difference to the solution...any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by aleano75; 05-28-08 at 12:38 AM. Reason: forgot info
    05-28-08 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD