For install instruction to load any carrier 8300/8310/8320 OS on your BB:
1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
4. Download desired OS to your PC
5. Install/run OS to PC
6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
Last edited by Garz; 10-21-08 at 11:34 AM.
Reason: Update links
Almost spilled my morning coffee on myself. Here we are waiting patiently for a point seven something and there's a .81 waiting for me. Thank you and good job K9, you've made my day! Too bad I've got to go to work, . You all know the drill -- post how it's working for you.
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!