Has anyone actually tried the Optus OS with T-mobile?
    07-29-07 04:34 AM
    Has anyone actually tried the Optus OS with T-mobile?
    I did several days ago, and had no luck trying to get T-Mobile service books working. I must admit, though, that I've learned a lot since then, and wonder if it might be worth another try, although the general consensus at the *other* big blackberry forum is that this combination won't work.

I also found .114 versions of the Curve OS for StarHub and SingTel (Singapore Telecom). I haven't tried them yet, but one person over at p*nstack and reported that it didn't work any better than the Optus version with T-Mobile.

I'm increasingly convinced that it's not the OS itself that's at fault. My guess is that it's a setting in one of the ALX files that come with the OS. These, in general, determine what features we see, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ALX parameters have some effect on the interaction between the device and the provisioning server when it tries to send service books to the device. Would be nice if somebody had the time to compare the ALX's and make sense out of this. I'll bet that with proper mods to the ALX's delivered with Optus, SingTel or any .114 OS, we'd get proper service books sent from T-Mobile and installed on the device.
    07-29-07 09:52 AM
    I'll bet that with proper mods to the ALX's delivered with Optus, SingTel or any .114 OS, we'd get proper service books sent from T-Mobile and installed on the device.

Maybe later tonight I'll pull up the alx files and compare them. I'm sure its just a couple lines of code.

Though I may need to compare two different types of the older OS files if the new version is too different.
    07-30-07 05:27 PM
    Maybe later tonight I'll pull up the alx files and compare them. I'm sure its just a couple lines of code.

Though I may need to compare two different types of the older OS files if the new version is too different.
    I haven't had time yet for a thorough look...but I did skim the ALX's from my current O2 version - and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. The ALX's generally don't do much more, it seems, than point to various COD files. I certainly might have missed something, or it could be that there are unique versions of various COD or DLL files for various vendors...

Let me know what you find (if you have time to look).
    07-31-07 11:33 PM
    I updated my Curve with the new OS and it worked great havent noticed any issues yet Thanks
    08-02-07 05:57 PM
    I am sorry I kinow this tells me how to update, but I am missing something and I am so stuck. I went to the site and I downloaded the latest version of optus and clicked run and then it took me to DM and now I am getting the perpetual hourglass.
    I am really at a loss for what to do. Does anyone have any advice I would really appreciate it. I need new os to fix a known bug that is not allowing me to run my newly purchased software. I just boughtthis phone and don't know whyit did not come with newest os. It is very frustrating because I have been trying to upgradefor a while . Thanks for any help.
    08-15-07 05:19 PM
    y is this version better as opposed to the original OS BBs come with?
    08-17-07 12:35 PM
    does anyone know if this works with Rogers? Im having the calendar sync issue and I would really like to sort it out...
    08-21-07 09:47 AM
    Does anyone know how to access the browser(s) for 8300 when i have updated the OS...i cant access browser it states to contact service providor. Also i have a browser that saids Vodafone... I need to access online can someone help, also the top right has edge in lower case...I need help
    08-23-07 05:41 PM
    I CANT FIND THE VENDOR FIKE

sorry to bug you all
    08-28-07 12:37 AM
    I just did the upgrade, and I am getting "unable to connect to the internet , please try again" when accessing my browser.

Also, I cannot setup my email accounts it only allows me to setup email with use of a BES.

Can anyone help?
    09-01-07 09:25 PM
    Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Press Menu key and select Register Now.
    09-01-07 09:27 PM
    What does the vendor file ? why do we have to delete it befor updating the OS.

Thanks
    09-06-07 11:12 AM
    Amadoudiene
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 8300 (Curve)
    Carrier: T-Mobile

What does the vendor file ? why do we have to delete it befor updating the OS.

That's what I want to know. Using the Pearl now, but want to get the T-Mobile 8320 and unlock it and then use it on AT&T...
    09-26-07 02:53 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD