Download it from HERE

Instructions for installing:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. It's 4.2 SP2.
    2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded. (Choose the Curve 8300)
    3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.

Have some patience, this will take 30-60 minutes to complete. DO NOT unplug the device until it is finished!

Follow this thread if you want to unlock all vendor themes.
    07-03-07 01:24 PM
    I loaded this up earlier on a O2-UK Curve and so far works well. A bit faster and has a couple of exta feature like sound boost in the Media section. As for the CICAL issue. I never had a problem with this but have heard it will work now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-07 03:35 PM
    Anyone know how to get the brower to appear with this OS using T-Mobile ?
    07-05-07 04:39 PM
    What is the benefit of downloading the new OS? Sorry for being a n00b.
    07-05-07 06:39 PM
    Anyone know how to get the brower to appear with this OS using T-Mobile ?
    From what I have been reading, T-Mobile users are still stuck with using the OS from O2.
    07-05-07 09:40 PM
    What is the benefit of downloading the new OS? Sorry for being a n00b.
    The benefit is really up to the user. It will of course fix some bugs that were in the previous OS.. some you may have noticed, some you may not. I have also heard it fixes the issue with calendar notifications.
    07-05-07 09:41 PM
    THe main reason for using the new OS was to fix the calendar bug.

But as Ivan has posted yesterday, there is a patch from RIM which is OTA downloadable and works...
    07-06-07 05:37 AM
    So it's mainly the same operating system but it just fixes bugs with the current one? I have the calendar reminder problem so I'd like to get that fixed, should I download the OS for taht or the patch?
    07-06-07 11:18 AM
    The new Optus is a little faster and hasa few other Media Functions with sound and speed of loading images...If that doesnt matter to you then try the patch first....

If you do the OTA let the phone do its thing....
    07-06-07 11:21 AM
    I updated to this OS; however, I am unable to locate my BB messenger application. I went to the BB mobile site and received an error message indicating that my carrier (AT&T) does not allow me access to this service. Any suggestions? As always, much appreciated!!
    07-06-07 11:37 PM
    Perhaps install the BB Messenger via DM?

I am assuming you have done a battery pull etc....

otherwise go here

HERE
    07-07-07 01:53 AM
    Hello all, i've upgraded my BB and calendar issue has been fixed. I'm so happy about that.

But now, my web browser is not working anymore. It has to be some configuration thing related, because all other app using internet access keeps working fine after OS upgrade (gmail app and jivetalk)

When i start the browser, almost immediately i get "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider" ... nothing has changed in my provider plan.

APN setting are ok, since all the other internet apps are working ok.

My browse icon has changed the name, now it's says Imedia, anyway seems to be the same web browser.

Please help, i'm finding BB a very very frustrating process.

thanks in advance!
    07-09-07 11:47 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    07-09-07 09:04 PM
    movistar ( a telefonica company ) in argentina.

apn: wap.gprs.unifon.com.ar
    user: wap
    pass: wap

I have 5 service books.
    wap browserconfig [browserconfig]
    wap2 transport [wptcp]

if I remove wap2 the imedia icon disappears, clearly is using it.
    Probably gmail apps and jivetalk are using the wap service book instead wap2 ?

By the way, blackberry doesn't configure by itself the APN info, (wich treo and other phones did ). I had the cingular APN and i have to manually remove it and configure Movistar APN.

Thanks!
    07-10-07 01:40 PM
    Looks like you are missing some service books. Login to your carriers BIS and resend the service books.
    07-10-07 02:55 PM
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I find out what version my OS is and can I update on a Rogers AT&T Curve that I just bought?
    07-11-07 07:12 AM
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I find out what version my OS is and can I update on a Rogers AT&T Curve that I just bought?
    To find out your OS Version - go to Options > About. It will say your version there.

i.e. mine says

BlackBerry(R) 8300
    smartphone (EDGE)
    v4.2.2.114 (Platform 2.4.0.53)
    (et cetera)

the v4.2.2.114 you see above is your OS version.

As for whether you can update on your Rogers Curve... yes, you can. That OS is from Optus, and mine is from AT&T. Just make sure you delete the vendors file as implied in the instructions in the first post.
    07-11-07 08:15 AM
    Also you can do

ALT + CAPS + H = Help Me!
    07-11-07 11:15 AM
    O.K. I checked my OS and it says 4.2.2.89. Is this the current one?
    07-12-07 10:03 AM
    No the latest is the Optus OS. Available from Optus BB Site. or

HERE
    07-12-07 03:21 PM
    Hi. Just had a couple of questions. I updated my os following all the instructions. After doing so I noticed that my internet browser icon is no longer available. Now I have not turned my mobile connection on yet since I updated so I am not sure if that is an issue and didn't want to do that until I heard back from someone on here. I am in canada right now but tonight I will be back in the states. I am an at&t customer. Will it matter if I turn on the connection here or should I wait until I get home tonight or land I at my connection site? Even if I turn it on now or later will this add back my browser icon? Thanks for the help.
    07-13-07 05:31 AM
    I have also updated my OS but I am still finding that sometimes I am not getting the LED notification with my messages. I have checked all the settings and everything is set to LED notify. Any suggestions?
    07-13-07 06:29 AM
    Janej15188, unless it's either an OS problem, or you just need to do a battery pull.

Maybe change your settings for LED notification to off. That way it will ONLY flash red, when you have messages. But, remember there is a timer on this, it's about 15 minutes then it goes off, until another notification comes in...

Also, for which item does it NOT notify you? Go to messages / general options, and make sure the "display new message notification" is on!
    07-13-07 06:43 AM
    hi, i'm a very new bb owner, addicted already of course. i'm having trouble downloading the new OS. i get the error message " my application loader is currently working, please close ". i don't have anything else running and my phone's not plugged in. can anyone help?
    07-13-07 06:49 AM
    mom3xboyz, do it like this.

1. Make sure Desktop Manager (DM)on your pc is closed...
    2. Download and install the latest OS (Optus) to your pc...
    3. Remove or rename the vendor.alx file. It's here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (but, you'll have to change your files setting to SHOW all files in order to see it)...
    4. Open DM...
    5. Connect your device to the pc, via the cable...
    6. the system should see you BlackBerry, and automtically start the upgrade...
    07-13-07 07:21 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD