Works great i didnt even have to do a restore, its pretty nice, so far browser speeds are pretty good and no lags. Battery life is good, played pandora all day, while browsing the web, and sending text messages.
    10-07-09 01:48 PM
    Just a quick note: FYI I did this upgrade with the backup, wipe, install, restore method and the Enhanced Gmail plugin stopped working, took me a couple days to notice, but it wasn't labeling or archiving, delete was the only thing that worked.

so recommend you delete your gmail acct and install it fresh after upgrading (using method above) if you use the plugin. If you restore it then delete it, could cause issues with calendars and duplicates, etc YMMV depending on syncing and what not.

No more connection bounce, I'm happy with this version...
    10-07-09 05:14 PM
    I absolutely can't get this installed on my ATT Curve 8320 running .110. CrackMem keeps seeing new and old OS on PC even when both uninstalled. Uninstalled reinstalled everything. No help. First time, upgrade went for a long time, then errored out. Phone shows old os .110 -- Now DM just tells me there are no upgrades.

I DON"T want to have to wipe it!
    10-09-09 07:08 AM
    I absolutely can't get this installed on my ATT Curve 8320 running .110. CrackMem keeps seeing new and old OS on PC even when both uninstalled. Uninstalled reinstalled everything. No help. First time, upgrade went for a long time, then errored out. Phone shows old os .110 -- Now DM just tells me there are no upgrades.

I DON"T want to have to wipe it!
    That's because this OS upgrade is for the 8330m. Cannot be installed on your 8320.

Look for an 8320 OS upgrade sticky.
    10-09-09 07:35 AM
    And i just came back to delete it before someone had to snark back. Not that your reply was snarky - nice and civil . . . good job.

I was 8320 all the way, just clicked into wrong forum after a reboot.

Peace out

p.s. Didn't have to wipe it all for my upgrade. If you are interested check out my detailed progress report in the 8320 perma-thread
    10-09-09 08:27 AM
    And i just came back to delete it before someone had to snark back. Not that your reply was snarky - nice and civil . . . good job.

I was 8320 all the way, just clicked into wrong forum after a reboot.

Peace out

p.s. Didn't have to wipe it all for my upgrade. If you are interested check out my detailed progress report in the 8320 perma-thread
    Oh good...didn't want you bricking your BB. And I don't do snarky. Thanks for noticing that. Good luck!
    10-09-09 08:29 AM
    Yes it will. The carrier does not matter just be sure to delete the vendor.xml file

Also make sure you download version 8330 or 8330m depending on which one you have. They are not interchangeable.
    How do u tell if u have 8330 or 8330m? Option-about does not work on my phone and alt+shift+H does not give that info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 03:22 PM
    Sure it does. If you see 8330 and not 8330m then you have an 8330.

10-11-09 03:24 PM
    Sure it does. If you see 8330 and not 8330m then you have an 8330.

No, it doesn't say anything about that. In applications, it say 8300 series

10-11-09 03:34 PM
    I spent a good hour reading all 13 pages of this and was ready to take the plunge into my first os upgrade. I deleted the vendor file, did a search for any hidden files (didn't find any), downloaded it from the link on the first page and everything seemed to be going fine until I got this "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]". I freaked out and just left it at that. Is there anything else I should've done? I've been wanting to do this all week and have been reading all about upgrading from the different areas of this site. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I didn't try disabling my internet connection and would like to try to do that but I'm scared now lol..any suggestions?
    dont be scared. my first OS upgrade i bricked my berry.... lol and i was reading on how to fix it i was like wow thats easy..
    all I did was uninstall the new upgraded OS and reinstalled the old. then I went back and downloaded new one again. deleted the vendor file this time lol and it still didn't work. I had to disable the radio on my bb and then it finally worked. to do this goto manage connection and turn all connection off then retry the upgrade. this should help you out.
    10-12-09 03:22 AM
    I originally had no intentions of upgrading my OS until Sprint released an official one. However, after reading this thread, I decided that my BlackBerry experience would stand to improve considerably if I did. I decide to go with the .169 version simply because there was much more positive feedback then with the recently released .170. Learning from other's mistakes through this thread, my OS upgrade was completely pain free. I just completed the task, so I can't say yet if it has improved my experience. I will say that the signal certainly does seem to be a lot more stable, at the least.
    10-13-09 11:53 AM
    I originally had no intentions of upgrading my OS until Sprint released an official one. However, after reading this thread, I decided that my BlackBerry experience would stand to improve considerably if I did. I decide to go with the .169 version simply because there was much more positive feedback then with the recently released .170. Learning from other's mistakes through this thread, my OS upgrade was completely pain free. I just completed the task, so I can't say yet if it has improved my experience. I will say that the signal certainly does seem to be a lot more stable, at the least.
    Congrats on a successful upgrade! I felt the same way but so glad I took the plunge last month (upgraded my hubby's as well). As long as you take your time and do all the steps necessary, it will be painless.
    10-13-09 11:56 AM
    does anyone know if this update would fix the GPS/google map issue on the SPRINT 8330m. my boyfriend had a similar issue with his SPRINT TOUR, until he updated his OS today.

if this update didnt fix the GPS problem, does anyone know if a work around?
    10-13-09 10:08 PM
    Sprint Just released .175. It's not on the Sprint site, but is available via Blackberry.com
    10-14-09 04:34 AM
    Really? I just finished upgrading to .169. Didn't know it was available until I connected to the DM. I haven't noticed anything different but I never had any issues with the .131 to begin with. I'll probably wait til someone tries it

I'm doing the upgrade right now...already a thread started on this last night when the emails started getting received from BB about the upgrade. Saying the browser is much faster!
    10-14-09 08:07 AM
190 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD