I don't know how many OS have been released in ver4.5, but I will agree there is definitely a sound problem...not as loud at all. Every level acts as though it's the level below it. I.E., Medium, sounds like Low. Loud sounds like Medium, etc.
    Being new to the BB world, the Mobile 6 would would have came out with a "tweak," instead of waiting for a new OS to fix-is this true for BBs???
    Its just strange this release has a volume problem in media player. .46 and .52 was solid but .55 took a step back. Very disappointing.
    07-25-08 03:54 PM
    I have no issues with volume in the media player or my profiles running .55. Same as it's been since I pulled it out of the box.
    07-25-08 04:03 PM
    I have no issues with volume in the media player or my profiles running .55. Same as it's been since I pulled it out of the box.

Have you attempted to watch a video/movie with headphones? That is when I really noticed the problem compared to last last two releases that I tried. I even had the volume all the way up with audio boost on and was not very loud at all. It has been posted on other forums of this same issue on this build.
    Last edited by Garz; 07-25-08 at 04:42 PM.
    07-25-08 04:39 PM
    First Post

I am attempting to upgrade the OS to V4.5.0.55 and using the application loader I get the following error:

Invalid Configuration

The application "BlackBerry PGP Email Library cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available:

net.rim.platform.ecmascript

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    07-26-08 01:35 AM
    Seems like most are more happy with .52 then .55. All I see for 8310 is .55 I was wondering where I could get the .52 version. I see it is listed for the 8320 but did not know if that version would work on my 8310 or if I need to get the download from somewhere else. Thank you for your help.
    07-26-08 02:13 AM
    Finally, people are noticing the differents in there volume level. I ever went back to the old 4.2 OS and the volume level is fine. Nice and loud. Like I said in the past, I can't see why BB hasn't notice this. It has been this way with All 4.5 OS from the first one created to the current one. The people who I think that say that there sound is fine, I think never had the phone set on loud. Try riding down the road one day with your stereo on and windows open. I can't barely hear the phone. Most of the time I don't.
    07-26-08 03:42 AM
    I'm thinking of trying out this new OS from 4.2, but I have some concerns about what data/apps I will keep and what I will lose. Can someone give some general guidelines as to what data/apps will transfer over with data backup? I have an 8310 with AT&T...will, for example, Telenav be available in 4.5?

Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by igorlevit; 07-26-08 at 09:56 AM.
    07-26-08 09:50 AM
    link to vodaphone AU is dead......
    07-26-08 10:36 AM
    link to vodaphone AU is dead......

You just have to keep trying. It goes up and down due to high traffic on the link. You got to remember, the entire world is downloading this OS since its the most recent.
    07-26-08 11:15 AM
    Seems like most are more happy with .52 then .55. All I see for 8310 is .55 I was wondering where I could get the .52 version. I see it is listed for the 8320 but did not know if that version would work on my 8310 or if I need to get the download from somewhere else. Thank you for your help.
    Here it is for the 8310. Its not stickied anymore since they only sticky the newest version. I also prefer .52 over .55. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/lat...m-italy-52406/
    07-26-08 11:17 AM
    Silly question, but can this be used on an 8300 or is it specifically for an 8310?
    07-26-08 01:02 PM
    No... this is only for the 8310.
    07-26-08 01:05 PM
    garz-thx for reposting the Italy link - gonna try .52 based on what I have read in this thread.
    07-26-08 02:31 PM
    No Love For 8320 Or Wifi In General
    07-26-08 03:00 PM
    This is very disappointing. I've upgraded to .52 and now .55 and still having the same problem. When I go to the mobile youtube site and try playing videos I get the same error message: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."
    However, I can watch break.com videos just fine. I really want to watch youtube though, somebody help?
    07-26-08 04:50 PM
    Ok is it just me or does media player volume suck? Especially in videos. Now I'm debating downgrading to .52.

the media player and ringtone volumes do still suck! when you were on .52, how was the volume then?
    07-26-08 07:50 PM
    are people around here sure there is no memory leak? ive had .55 since yesterday and continue to see my memory fall from 27 down to now 15. i delete all my text cache and everything and still see it continue falling. i didnt have this issue with .52
    07-27-08 12:45 AM
    the media player and ringtone volumes do still suck! when you were on .52, how was the volume then?
    On .52, the ringtone volume is still low but the media volume is much better. Ringtone volume has been a issue with all 4.5 OS's. Believe it or not, I think the best OS has been .46. I went back to .46 due to high memory leaks with .52. I always had the best luck with .46. I previously ran this OS and memory was very stable and media player volumes are excellent. The only issue I came across with the OS is my BB would restart if I was in youtube and closed out but I almost never use youtube so thats not a issue for me. CB Member Cutdacheck is still running this OS even after these new out.

Last edited by Garz; 07-27-08 at 01:45 AM.
    07-27-08 01:21 AM
    are people around here sure there is no memory leak? ive had .55 since yesterday and continue to see my memory fall from 27 down to now 15. i delete all my text cache and everything and still see it continue falling. i didnt have this issue with .52
    I did a experience a leak with .55 when I was running it. Your not the only one.

07-27-08 01:24 AM
    It sucks in every 4.5 OS verions out there. At least for the 8310.
    07-27-08 04:14 AM
    is a symptom of a memory leak is having the 8310 just seem like its hanging forever before it will respond?? i did the install of .52 last night and for nearly 2 hours (after a successful install) my 8310 would just lock up for 15 mins at a time. it usually would just lock up on the boot up with the "verify security software" screen sitting on there for 15 mins. it was bad enough for me during this time to go back to the bb/att download area to get back 4.2 and have it ready on my machine. by time i got that downloaded, i had "battery pull out" rebooted about 5 times and it suddenly stared to work properly. really weird.

still cant seem to play any videos off any website.

new browser is nice - certainly better than before but i still can't access my online banking with it, but i can with opera mini. uses a similar page view/maginfy scenario as opera mini.

i don't really seem to have a volume issue.

email is much improved with html emails. this is probably the single biggest improvement.

i have an 8310 from att. after doing this, i would be inclined to wait for the official att version of 4.5 -- the "what i went thru to upgrade/what i got after upgrading" ratio turned out not to be worth it, imo.
    07-27-08 10:57 AM
    I did a experience a leak with .55 when I was running it. Your not the only one.
    It must be a program you're running then because I've been using it for over 2 days now and am still holding steady at 31.3 MB free. Which just happens to be what I had right after I installed the OS and did a battery pull.

The only programs I have installed are Google Maps and Live Search Maps.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 11:02 AM.
    07-27-08 10:58 AM
    it usually would just lock up on the boot up with the "verify security software" screen sitting on there for 15 mins.
    I've found that with the 4.5 OS it has issues with large pictures (anything larger than 320x240) on the media card and hangs up exactly where you speak of. I re-sized all my pics down to 320x240 and it hasn't froze or hung up at all since then.
    07-27-08 11:01 AM
    loopy - totally agree - first time it seized up was accessing my memory card with big pics on it. that was the first time it booted with .52 and i navigated to the media icon......then the problems started.

i had to pull the battery a had the subsequent freeze ups for the next
    couple hours. for some reason after the 5th pull and reboot, it started to work.

still considering returning to 4.2 from att and waiting. my confidence level in 4.5 on my att 8310 is pretty low right now.
    07-27-08 11:10 AM
    That's the only issue I can find with either .52 or .55 is that you can't have large pictures on your media card.

Like I said above, I've been running .55 for a few days now and haven't seen any issues whatsoever.

for some reason after the 5th pull and reboot, it started to work.

Most likely because it finally had enough time to cache all of those pics. I didn't have that kind of patience so I just re-sized all of mine down to a smaller size.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 12:11 PM.
    07-27-08 12:09 PM
360 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD