I upgraded my OS to the new 4.5.0153 and it seems to work ok. Does anyone know what is new in this version over 4.5.0.124?
    06-01-09 06:08 PM
    Hey just a quick question...what heppens if when upgrading the OS I forgot to delete the 'Vender.xml"?

I amin the process of upgrading now and just realized that i may have forgetten to do that!
    06-03-09 03:02 PM
    how can I enable yahoo messenger service on my BlackBerry 8310.
    Also I any one give me the desktop manager software for my phone?
    I need this urgently. Thanks
    06-04-09 06:04 AM
    sorry....not the current topic but....im an moron when it comes to setting up my email account for my blackberry curve 8310.....i already registered it but what the heck am i supposeed to do to the phone itself...i told u i was a moron...hehehe
    06-04-09 01:53 PM
    My blackberry was at .110 when I first got it and had no real problems, but I decided to do the upgrade just to see if anything was any better. The upgrade went smooth (but very time-consuming) and I've noticed that I get a lot fewer freezes and app switching seems to be sped up slightly, but I may just be imagining things.
    06-05-09 01:48 AM
    My blackberry was at .110 when I first got it and had no real problems, but I decided to do the upgrade just to see if anything was any better. The upgrade went smooth (but very time-consuming) and I've noticed that I get a lot fewer freezes and app switching seems to be sped up slightly, but I may just be imagining things.
    Well, if you're imagining things, then so am I. I upgraded a while back to the .124 OS, and things were running smoothly for me as well. I've since upgraded to the leaked .153, and I've not had any problems as of yet.
    06-05-09 01:56 AM
    Upgraded mine a while back. NIce added feather that was not included in my base load was the video recorder. Also, much improved graphics in email. I had some problems because I did the upgrade without first backing up, and so I lost my 3rd party apps. Had some serious problems getting Google maps re-loaded, but that was due to not having the default BB browser set as my default.

Overall a good upgrade & worth it if you've got the time to do it.
    Kindly send me the link for BB 8310 Desk Top manager. I need it to back up my BB urgently. Thanks
    06-05-09 03:30 AM
    It's important to disconnect from the internet if you are installing this new OS. After installing, I'm having problems with OTA installations. My BB just restarts in the middle of the download process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 10:19 AM
    06-05-09 08:35 PM
    So this East Asia version work for US BB's too?
    06-06-09 10:45 AM
    Yes it will, just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 12:41 PM
    The official BlackBerry-site has a multilang-version of .124. Just search for the Belgium provider Proximus!
    06-07-09 04:58 PM
    Haven't been keeping up with the upgrades. I have version 4.2.2.170 but I am afraid to screw up on the upgrade. What are the advantages of the new 4.5 over the original os?
    Yeah, I still haven't upgraded either, for the same reasons. I don't do that much on the internet and don't have any applications downloaded. Do you have to go with the upgrade? Will you eventually have to do it because the phone won't work with the system because the OP is too old?
    06-10-09 07:00 PM
    Better memory with 4.5. Don't have to go with the upgrade but has better interface imo.
    06-11-09 03:40 AM
364 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD