From T-Mobile Germany
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.92 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.92
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.69
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.72
    File size: 8300 73MB & 8310 74MB

Download here:
    Link Here

For install instruction to load any carrier 8300/8310 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    09-23-08 04:56 PM
    Just a FYI... At&t is rumored to release .69 so if they do, this will be the exact same OS. The only difference is each carrier attaches their own vendor.xml file which blocks other carrier BB's from loading it. Thats why we always say to remove vendor.xml file when loading a OS not from your carrier.
    09-23-08 05:12 PM
    Wow Look at that almost 15 minutes and I'm the first to see this
    09-23-08 05:14 PM
    okay cool i will give this a shot Cuz At&t is playing games with the update
    09-23-08 05:55 PM
    Thanks so much! Almost done updating now
    09-23-08 06:53 PM
    Sweet! Having a texting issue in .55 will try this one!
    09-23-08 07:20 PM
    Nice! AT&T seems to be giving us users the finger. So I've decided to give this download a try. My first time and it seems pretty simple. half way done now. Thank you Garz for putting this up.
    09-23-08 07:49 PM
    Installed without a hitch, many thanks to the original poster.
    09-23-08 08:06 PM
    Yes, thanks Garz. AT&T is just teasing us way too much and there is only so much a Crackberry addict can take. I'm upgrading now just so that I don't jump back to the iPhone. Hopefully, this holds me until the Bold comes out for the US.
    09-23-08 08:08 PM
    So this version is even newer than the .69 that was in beta a while back. I guess it's time to update
    09-23-08 08:11 PM
    Update - OS 4.5.069 worked and is uploaded. My 8310 was being slow and unresponsive so I gave it 2 soft boots and was about to do a battery pull until it kicked in gear.

I have a video recorder and voice notes now which both work flawlessly. My original themes and contacts came through the update process without a scratch as well as my third party apps (CB Launcher, CB Apps Store, Viigo, checkers, NY Giants [theme]).

New browser is different but nice... and the final test before I go back to studying for the CPA exam.... youtube videos work on this baby now!

Until the Bold.... I'm a happy camper.

PS

Noticed no Docs to Go in my apps? Isn't that standard with the 4.5 now for the 8310?
    Last edited by Raul Perez; 09-23-08 at 08:35 PM.
    09-23-08 08:32 PM
    Also to add... the new email viewer is way better compared to the old email viewer. However I still prefer how my BB Smart email viewer looks and it seems through 3 tests that it still works so im keeping the BB Smart baby!
    09-23-08 08:53 PM
    So this version is even newer than the .69 that was in beta a while back. I guess it's time to update
    Beta .69 and official carrier .69 is the exact same OS. No need to change!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 08:56 PM
    OK final update... again comming from a noob who has had OS 4.2 since June... Media player is quicker and loads faster for both movies and music.

another weird thing is that I still dont have street view for google maps. I may just delete the app and try to reinstall. Could that be an AT&T thing?
    09-23-08 09:31 PM
    OK final update... again comming from a noob who has had OS 4.2 since June... Media player is quicker and loads faster for both movies and music.

another weird thing is that I still dont have street view for google maps. I may just delete the app and try to reinstall. Could that be an AT&T thing?
    Google Maps was updated recently, do you have the new version?
    09-23-08 10:07 PM
    Are their any sound and audio issues with this OS? Ive read that was a big complaint about the beta 4.5 OS. Any info is much appreciated.
    09-23-08 10:13 PM
    Pretty excited to see this, tho I wasn't having any issues with .55. Like what I am hearong about new features, looking forward to checking it out tonight!

09-23-08 10:25 PM
    No sound issues noted so far. Watched 2 youtube videos and a few min of some DL videos on my device.

09-23-08 10:39 PM
    Iamdld,

Yes I updated the new version of google maps when I had 4.2 I'm gonna reinstall now

09-23-08 10:45 PM
    No sound issues noted so far. Watched 2 youtube videos and a few min of some DL videos on my device.

What about call volume issues and speakerphone issues, if any?
    09-23-08 10:48 PM
    09-23-08 10:52 PM
    I have an 8310 by AT&T and just followed the directions and it works perfectly.
    09-23-08 10:57 PM
    Curve 8310
    OS v4.5.055 (Platform 27.0.68)
    AT&T

I use my blackberry with an enterprise server for work (which I don't use for anything other than work) But I have 2 personal emails attached, one from my ISP and the other is a web based @live.com

MMS:
    When I send them, they don't always make it to the recipient who uses a blackberry. Specifically to 3 people, one has a Pearl 8110 (ATT) and the other two have Curves, 8330 (verizon)

MMS's with pictures I send to the Pearl make it every time without a hitch.

Videos via MMS (to the pearl) never make it. In one of 10 tries the pearl received the vid but with an error [on his end] saying that its unsupported despite the fact he has video capability.

To the Curves, the MMS's with pictures make it 75-80% of the time (shows that I sent it, but they don't get there). Videos sent to them make it 1 in about 5 tries. When they do get it there's no issues opening and playing it.

To all other standard cell phones with MMS and video capability (well, the most current ones, pantech duos, even the freebies for opening the accounts), they get every picture and video I send flawlessly.

Email:
    Pictures sent via email as an attachment make it every time to anyone with email capability or BB IM

Videos attached to email take forever to get there, are not able to be opened, or they don't receive it at all (to the curves or the pearl).

Yet I send them to myself (email with vids attached) it gets to me fast and flawlessly, I tried with about 6 different emails (gmail, yahoo, msn, hotmail, live, various ISP's, etc) and success every single time.

Some emails from my BB hit the recipient and arrive immediately some take forever. Email on my BB from @msn.com get everywhere with no prob. Email on my BB from @live get there, but 50/50 on immediate or in a few hours...

Sorry for all the rambling but Ive become obsessed with trying to send vids and pics via MMS and just cant get it straight with folks I use it the most with

I don't know what OS the other BB's are (you'd think I'd have checked...) but I will find out tomorrow.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    09-23-08 11:27 PM
    for some reason, its not asking me up upgrade...

I deleted the vendor file and everything, and then when I open desktop manager, it does the auto back up & sync, but no upgrade. Any help would he appreciated. Thanks!

I also hit App Loader to see if it would install but it still wouldn't
    09-24-08 05:46 AM
    as a test I sent myself a document from my work computer to see if I could edit it. I downloaded it into a folder... now I cant seem to find it?! And there is no program to the documents folder in the apps section? Weird. I'm sure I can find it when I use desktop manager but that shouldn't be the case.

Battery life is also a bit weaker than on 4.2

PS

Youtube still rocks
    09-24-08 08:04 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD