I have heard of love of cell phones before but an entire site and community dedicated to one phone amazes me!

I just upgraded from a Nokia 5300(which I loved for a long time) to a Blackberry 8330. It gets here tomorrow and I'm really excited! I had an Ipaq 6315 before. So it's not my first "smart phone" but that thing was not even close to being "smart" It was an inadequate phone. More of a "PDA" but inadequate in so many ways on that end too. Plus it was big and bulky and easily broken.

Anywho, I'm just floating around picking up some tips on what I should do when it gets here. This is really cool. I KNOW I'm already going to be addicted when it gets here tomorrow. I'm pretty much planning the entire afternoon just to dedicate to playing with it. My husband says I'm a dork. LOL!
    08-01-08 11:20 PM
    Welcome to CB you'll find everything you need to know on here and if not don't be afraid to ask.

What part of New England are you from?
    08-01-08 11:22 PM
    welcome and hello
    08-01-08 11:23 PM
    Welcome to CB Nicole and congrats on your new Curve!! You're going to LOVE it!!!! Don't be afraid to ask questions and search is your best friend.
    08-01-08 11:24 PM
    Glad you found the site. It's far too easy to become addicted!! Enjoy it!
    08-01-08 11:24 PM
    Welcome to the addiction.
    08-01-08 11:27 PM
    I just googled "passion parties" LOL

For some reason I wasn't expecting that
    Welcome to Crackberry and the addiction!!! This is a great forum, you will find a ton information about your Curve on here. You might want to start by checking out the Newbie section above, it helped me alot!!!!
    Welcome to CB!
    08-01-08 11:32 PM
    Welcome!
    You may want to plan on allocating more than an "entire afternoon with it"
    Unless you can eat just ONE potato chip!
    08-02-08 12:22 AM
    welcome nicole. You're gonna love love LOVE your curve! welcome to the addiction! you're sure to be passionate about it
    08-02-08 12:29 AM
    Welcome!! to CB
    08-02-08 12:30 AM
    Welcome Nicole....aka dork! . This is a great site. You will love it here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 12:31 AM
    Welcome to CB! Follow the link in my signature. It will help you get started.

08-02-08 12:34 AM
    You made a smart decision to choose the 8330! Enjoy!

08-02-08 01:30 AM
    Welcome to the addiction. Your husband will be jealous of your Curve in no time. 1) Because you will give it more attention than him. 2) He will sample yours and want one.
    08-02-08 01:34 AM
    welcome to the CB fam Nicole. Enjoy your new curve
    08-02-08 02:33 AM
    I have heard of love of cell phones before but an entire site and community dedicated to one phone amazes me!

I just upgraded from a Nokia 5300(which I loved for a long time) to a Blackberry 8330. It gets here tomorrow and I'm really excited! I had an Ipaq 6315 before. So it's not my first "smart phone" but that thing was not even close to being "smart" It was an inadequate phone. More of a "PDA" but inadequate in so many ways on that end too. Plus it was big and bulky and easily broken.

Anywho, I'm just floating around picking up some tips on what I should do when it gets here. This is really cool. I KNOW I'm already going to be addicted when it gets here tomorrow. I'm pretty much planning the entire afternoon just to dedicate to playing with it. My husband says I'm a dork. LOL!
    Oh wow, someone else that has had a h6315! That phone was quite awful, in more than one way. I got so frustrated with that phone that I actually threw it in the street. Anyways. You're going to love the Curve! You should definitely find a lot of tips and tricks around here
    08-02-08 02:51 AM
    Thank you for the warm welcome!!

With 2 kids and a business to run I wish I did have more than an afternoon to dedicate to it. Unfortunately, I have a party tonight and tomorrow I have appointments. So I have this afternoon to purposefully dedicate myself to playing with it and then I'm sure I'll get time in here and there. I'm hoping to replace some of the time I'm working on my laptop during the day with it.

Nick125 - Yes, the h6315 was a TERRIBLE phone. It wasn't a bad PDA(at least not for a first time PDA user) but it also had it's shortcomings as a PDA. My Nokia 5300 is a great little music phone but I was needing a smartphone badly. Plus I am getting away from T-Mobile. So I took that as my chance to upgrade!

I'm from a small little town in upper Connecticut. I travel all over New England for my business though and sometimes wonder if I actually live just in CT or if I just exist in the entire New England area.

sgocka - you googled Passion Parties? What were you expecting?

I'm very excited. Now I just have to wait for the damned FED EX man to get here(he's always so damned late!)
    08-02-08 08:50 AM
    Welcome!
    You may want to plan on allocating more than an "entire afternoon with it"
    Unless you can eat just ONE potato chip!
    Welcome to CrackBerry Nicole!!
    I was thinking the exact same thing~ only an afternoon? That's all? Surely you jest?

Your husband said you're a dork? Little does he know that he'll have to get one just so he can BBM you.

I was!
    I liked "Throw a Divorce Party!
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 08-02-08 at 08:59 AM.
    08-02-08 08:56 AM
    hello there and welcome you will find anything you need to know about your berry here.
    08-02-08 08:57 AM

Hahaha what were u expecting??

08-02-08 09:33 AM
    Question....why are you leaving t-mobile, when they have the best curve....the wifi is so amazing!!
    Better coverage and free web browsing...can't go wrong! This phone actually prevented me from switching!

08-02-08 09:37 AM
    WELCOME! You'll find all u need right here in the forums!

08-02-08 10:03 AM
    Question....why are you leaving t-mobile, when they have the best curve....the wifi is so amazing!!
    Better coverage and free web browsing...can't go wrong! This phone actually prevented me from switching!

Honestly, and not to start a debate about phone services, but I'm leaving because they just screwed me over on a "bait and switch" game their playing with some of their plans. It's a long story but it ends with a complaint to a consumer protection agency and one to the FCC. I have been a loyal T-Mobile customer for over 4 years and sadly, last month I met up with a customer service issue they were unwilling(not unable but totally unwilling) to take care of.

During all my research to decide whether I was going with a Palm Centro or the Blackberry, I found out that they do seem to have the best one because it has Wifi. However, I wouldn't give them another dime even if someone else was paying for it. I'm happy to also have the VZ Navigator on mine which is something I've been envious of for quite some time. I travel a LOT for my business and was already debating getting a GPS system. So I'm about as happy about going over to Verizon as I can be after being screwed over by T-Mobile.

These days it just doesn't pay to be a loyal customer who refers everyone they know to a company.
    08-02-08 10:14 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD