Hi I just got a BB Curve 8330 for Sprint, my question is how do I know what OS my device is running on? Reason I ask is I realised I cant picture message except to other BB users or email to others not using a BB. Well I came across the info that there was a download released that updates your OS and enables MMS. I also noticed alot of the themes I come across are for OS 4.5 or higher. So can somebody please tell me how I can find out what OS Im running and is it hard to do the update if needed?
    02-27-09 03:20 PM
    hit options>about or you can hit alt - shift - h to see the app version
    02-27-09 03:20 PM
    3rd line down.
    02-27-09 03:34 PM
    Thanx for the replies. I see im only running the v4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.73) and I went to the threads u referred me to bb101 but this seems so confusing to me now that im thinking i will just leave it alone. Does anybody know if a sprint store will do it for me if i take it in.
    02-27-09 03:40 PM
    Doubt the store will do it for you. Requires a computer and about an hours time. It actually is not that difficult. Read this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ the instructions in the OS for your Device sticky thread at the top of the forum and read about CrackMem, which is very usefully for upgrading your OS:http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    02-27-09 03:48 PM
    MandaVnc... I have only had my 8330 for a couple months but right after I got it a new OS release came out. After reading how so many others were saying such good things about the upgrade I soon got the bug to consider doing the upgrade.

I realized that I needed to get a good handle on how everything works with the Blackberry. So I read a lot of threads about different things. After I got a good feel I started to read the threads about upgrading the OS, reading how to free up memory & I even read how to fix a bricked blackberry.

After having my 1st blackberry ever I decided to do the upgrade & I haven't looked back. It wasn't hard & I'm nowhere near a techie type person. The biggest thing is getting over the fear of ruining the blackberry. It happens but they can be fixed even by me!

I'd say get comfortable with your new blackberry, read, read & give it a try!
    02-27-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD