Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a AT&T Curve, and I have been browsing the wealth of information on this website. I am overwhelmed with this device's capabilities! I do not yet have service (my girlfriend gave this to me when she switched to a BB Pearl...she said the Curve is too wide!), so I went ahead and unlocked it through GSMPhonesource.

I am waiting for a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card that I bought from eBay. If the prepaid card works out, I plan on getting a voice and data plan through T-Mobile. Will I have to download a new OS and Service Books as described throughout these forums?
    10-05-07 12:10 PM
    Just an update: I started a T-Mobile contract a few days ago, and the questions from my posting above were answered! I have a T-mobile contract with 1000 minutes, unlimited data/e-mail/text for $40/month. I couldn't be happier with this device! It really is addictive having continuous access to e-mail and instant messaging!
    10-09-07 04:01 PM
    Happy to know youre groovin now with the curve!
    10-09-07 04:08 PM
    40 a month for data/email and text. Seems a little high for me especially with tmobile. I pay 40 a month for unlimited data/email/text and wifi. is that the same your signed up for?
    10-09-07 04:14 PM
    The data/email and text includes the voice plan. Similar plans with Verizon are about $75/month; AT&T was around $80/month for a similar offering.
    10-09-07 06:13 PM
    If I didn't need a new phone now, I'd switch to T-Mobile and get that plan as that's what I pay for 1000 minutes with AT&T now. Too bad AT&T doesn't match on voice/data plans.
    10-09-07 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD