I had a Palm Pilot for many years & am confused by the calendar & address software on my new Curve. When you installed the Palm software, you could edit information on your computer & then sync the device. You didn't have to input everything into the device itself. I don't see how to edit info on my computer with the Curve software -- it looks like I have to use a 3rd party calendar program, which I don't have at home. Where do I see the phone book on my computer? I don't want to have to input every address, phone number & calendar item on the Curve itself.
    10-03-07 12:41 AM
    Hi. I'm still new here, but hopefully I can help with the little I've learned so far.
    Your Curve should've come with a BB User Tools software installation disk. First, install this on your desktop, then you can sync your calendar, contacts, phone book, etc. from the list of programs compatible with your BB. I used this to sync my Ipaq info from Outlook to my Curve.
    If you don't already have a Micro SD card, you might want to get one if you plan on transferring your database. The 2GB cards are reasonably priced nowadays and well worth the extra capacity.
    Hopefully I've been of some help. Try doing a "search forums" also, it will help find you answers to other questions that you may have. It's definitely made my life easier! Everyone's great with passing on information here and I'm glad I joined!
    Good luck and welcome to CB!
    10-03-07 04:15 AM
    You certainly *don't* have to input your address book, calender, tasks and notes manually. Blackberry will syncronize with most major PIMs--either wirelessly with Bluetooth or by connecting to your computer by USB--with a click of a button. The set up is quite simple. Do you have Device Manager and Desktop Manager installed on your PC/laptop?
    10-07-07 10:14 AM
    You don't have to input your address book manually? Well, you're luckier than I am, then. I followed instructions to download my Palm data into a .csv file and then into Outlook and then into the Curve. Each stage mangled the data and I have spent hours untangling them. Finally, when the Outlook file (which doesn't respond properly -- licking on "a" brings up a blank page, not names beginning with A) is ready to go, I can count on 40 minutes for Blackberry to sync the data, which I have pared down to 240 names with on average 3 pieces of data each. The Palm was far easier to use and more flexible.

Are there easier ways to do this? I have a bunch of memos on the Palm which I would like to get onto the Curve, but how? Where?
    10-08-07 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD