Hi Everyone,
    I just got my new phone this week and I am a little frustrated. I had the Motorola KRAZER phone and am really missing it. I want to love this phone before my 30 days is up so I don't return it.... can you help me love it???

Here are some of my issues:

1) NONE of my information from my old phone "transferred" over like I thought it would.

2) I cannot figure out how to get on the web.

3) I used to be able to see all my calls (made, received and missed) when I hit my green button on the old phone. This phone (8830) only shows called made and received - my missed calls go to the mailbox.

4) I can't seem to find the "get it now" information - such as VCast Music and Ringtones.

5) I don't see a place on the menu for games...

6) I don't know where to change my sound settings to put my phone on "vibrate" when I am in meetings?

I really want to love this phone as everyone I know raves about it but I just can't seem to get things to work.... maybe I'll try the Verizon store again....

Thanks!!!!!
    Angie Allchin
    02-05-09 11:23 PM
    Okay are you using the 8830 or 8330

1. Verizon should have been able to send over you info for you.
    2. To get on the web you go to the bb broswer (are you not seeing that icon)
    3. you should be able to see phone log when you press the phone button.
    4. Dont know about vcast
    5. The phone comes with brickbreaker.. Other games you can get offline for free
    6. Go to the icon that says profiles and you can change to vibrate
    02-05-09 11:31 PM
    I think you should read through the 101 link in my signature and breathe ! Lol. It will get easier
    02-05-09 11:34 PM
    1: Someone else will have to help you with that, I havn't tried it, what phone are you transferring from?

2: Do you have a browser icon? You should have both a browser and a Media Net Icon, if not you either don't have a Blackberry internet plain, or it's not added correctally. Go to Setting, Advance Options, Host Routing Table, then hit the menu key, then select register, wait a few minuets and see if you get a message saying your registered, if you don't you need to call your provider and add or fix your blackberry plain.

3: Should be able to see them, but if you have a 8830, I'm not sure on that one either..

4: Not sure there but it could be the same reasion you can't get online... :?

5: There's not a games folder, just brickbreaker, if you want any others you'll have to download them

6. There should be a "Profiles" Icon and you can change the style in there.
    02-05-09 11:36 PM
    The newbies section at the top will help you alot... I read it all just a month ago when I got my phone. Give it a shot

2)is your browser icon might be hidden (menu - show all)
    6)profiles>loud, vibrate, quiet etc if you click on the bottom advanced you can set up all your tones/vibrations you would like for each alert/event.
    02-05-09 11:38 PM

2: Do you have a browser icon? You should have both a browser and a Media Net Icon, if not you either don't have a Blackberry internet plain, or it's not added correctally. Go to Setting, Advance Options, Host Routing Table, then hit the menu key, then select register, wait a few minuets and see if you get a message saying your registered, if you don't you need to call your provider and add or fix your blackberry plain.
    The OP has verizon which doesnt have MEdia Net.. Thats only ATT
    02-05-09 11:39 PM
    The OP has verizon which doesnt have MEdia Net.. Thats only ATT

Sorry.. Just typed with out thinking..

I know verison doesn't have media net, I'm NOT dumb.
    02-05-09 11:42 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got my new phone this week and I am a little frustrated. I had the Motorola KRAZER phone and am really missing it. I want to love this phone before my 30 days is up so I don't return it.... can you help me love it???

Here are some of my issues:

1) NONE of my information from my old phone "transferred" over like I thought it would.

2) I cannot figure out how to get on the web.

3) I used to be able to see all my calls (made, received and missed) when I hit my green button on the old phone. This phone (8830) only shows called made and received - my missed calls go to the mailbox.

4) I can't seem to find the "get it now" information - such as VCast Music and Ringtones.

5) I don't see a place on the menu for games...

6) I don't know where to change my sound settings to put my phone on "vibrate" when I am in meetings?

I really want to love this phone as everyone I know raves about it but I just can't seem to get things to work.... maybe I'll try the Verizon store again....

Thanks!!!!!
    Angie Allchin
    Okay... Ready? I felt everything you are feeling now about 6 weeks ago. I also have Verizon so I know some of the fixes. First off... Breathe.

1. I flipped out as well when none of my stuff transferred during the initial set-up. Because the Blackberry runs a whole different Operating System, Verizon has to physically transfer your stuff.. contacts, pictures, etc., that means you have to go to a Verizon store with both phones and hand them to them. It only takes a few minutes and because it's a Blackberry they won't charge you.

2. I had this issue too. Don't feel alone here. Click on the browser icon, its a round world looking thing, then click the app button, the one to the left of your trackball, and highlight "Go To..." That will give you a page to put in a web address.

3. Yeah, thats the way it is.

4. Get It Now isn't available on the Blackberry. There is, however, a VZApp Zone icon on your phone. If you had music on your other phone and had a memory card, the card will fit in the blackberry and all your music that is on the card can be used. There's a little support involved in doing this though, I had one of the IT guys at Verizon walk me thru it.

5. Your games won't be on the menu, they will be icons on your screen once you download them.

6. Setting your ringtones to vibrate. One the screen you have a profiles icon, you can set it there to be quiet or vibrate for whatever the circumstances may be. There is a way to set each ringtone to do specific things but with my short term memory loss I forgot how to do that as I only did it once..... need some help on this one guys!

Hope some of that helps you out.... You'll love your Curve. Welcome to CB.
    And don't forget... breathe....
    02-05-09 11:58 PM
    IHere are some of my issues:

Thanks!!!!!
    Angie Allchin
    I know what you are going through. I absolutely HATED my device when I first received it. Now after reading the Blackberry 101, and some of the other blogs under the Newbies section (upper right side of page), I can see why everyone loves their BB. Two weeks into my BB adventure, I can now say I feel the Love.

#3. As for being able to view your missed calls from the same screen as your other calls....go to your phone icon/menu (BB logo button)/options/call logging/select the "none" option. This should place your missed calls, denoted by a yellow phone icon, with your incoming/outgoing calls.

#6. Press the menu button (blackberry logo)/profiles icon/select the quiet/vibrate options. If you would like to edit a certain profile so that it rings for messages, and vibrates for text, then scroll down to the advanced option/click on the profile that you are using/select the notification type (i.e., for text/emails/etc, and change the settings to whatever preferences you would like.

I am not sure about the other questions, but I am sure someone will be along shortly to help, if they haven't already.
    02-06-09 12:09 AM
    Wow...take the time to read at least the users manuel if u don't read up on CB. Before getting my 1st BB I went thru 3 razors in appx 6 mths. All in all they were OK, but the razor problems drove me to my 1st BB Pearl. Thank u Jesus!!! I am so glad I had the problems cuz I would have probably never changed. Regardeless, like everyone has said...BREATHE, CHILL!! You WILL love your BB. All CB users have the responsibility to MAKE you love your BB!! There are too many great and amazing things when it comes to being a proud owner of a BB! Good luck! Hope u decide to keep the faith and stick with us!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 01:10 AM
    OP..dude read a manual

02-06-09 01:36 AM
    There is Nothing...I repeat NOTHING that your Krzr did that your BB cant- you just need to read up on how to use your device. For someone coming from an extremely basic phone OS (like the Krzr) the BB OS can seem so vast and difficult. But once you understand the basics you will love the functionality and options the BB has to offer. Welcome to your first Luxury phone experience!

Welcome to the Crack! Woohoo!

02-06-09 02:03 AM
    PLAY NICE GUYS! The OP has a new phone and is excited! Just like we ALL were!

02-06-09 02:03 AM
    I'm not going to answer the ?s like everyone else did bc I jusyt got my 8320 but what I could tell you is to pay around with it. I had a treo 650 LOADED with games (nes) and other, It was a touchscreen, a lot more free apps and game, eaiser to navigate, I can go on. HOWEVER, i love the BB for what it does. I do miss my treo(not as much as I thought I would), but I wouldn't go back to it bc this phone is slowing growing my interest. I won't stay a BB user forever, but for right now, I'm loving it.

The BB is an upgrade from your last phone, you had to have some thoughts that you may have to spend time learning it and buying apps/games. Good luck

02-06-09 07:21 AM
    The guy just needs to read a little bit. I didn't read anything until it came to the os and crap like that. I figured all out on my own. Might I add the bb can do WAY more than any other phone you have had before!

Good day!
    02-06-09 07:24 AM
    I second everything that the fellow berry users have said. The great thing about owning a berry is not just all the great things it can do but being a crackberry member you are part of a vast network of help and knowledge!! I don't really have any problems using my berry but have had issues in the past and these guys know their stuff. I often browse through the forum just for fun and come across threads with information that I had never thought of therefore widening my growing knowledge of my own berry.

I don't think I'll ever go back to a "normal" phone now, for one the internet feature of my carrier is by far outclassed by the BB browser. I have my eye on the 8900 javelin for when my upgrade is due but even if I don't, being able to update the device to a different OS makes it feel all "new and shiny again"!!

I hope you will learn to love your berry like all your fellow crackberry addicts!!! Because that's what you will become... an addict!!
    02-06-09 08:43 AM
    You have to change your thinking when you go from a 'regular' cell phone to a blackberry. I went from a piece of crap Samsung to the 8320. I felt like I was drowning for about 2 weeks. I just could not figure out why so many people LOVE these things. The bbs are not phones - they are hand held computers that can make phone calls - this is where I had problems. I was so used to just having the phone to make calls only and now I had all this other 'stuff' that the bb was supposed to do and I could not get it.

First - read the forums constantly. you will learn things that you had no idea your bb could do.

Second - I bought the blackberry made simple book from crackberry and read it cover to cover twice. I kept it by my bed for a month and used it as a constant reference guide. (I have since passed this on to another friend that I have converted to the bb world.)

Third - realize that you will not figure this thing out in a few days. The people on these boards that are listed as 'crackberry addicts' have been using bbs forever.

Fourth - once you get 'it' - you get 'it' and will never go back.
    02-06-09 08:51 AM
    Brook196 ~ VERY VERY well put!!
    02-06-09 03:36 PM
    Brook196 ~ VERY VERY well put!!
    Yes it was!

OP - read the bberry 101 and the tips and tricks forum. Once you figure out one, you'll have them all (other than the storm.)

02-06-09 03:48 PM
    I agree. Brook 196 said it very well.

I can't help you with your specific device, but I am also fairly new (a few months) to the Blackberry experience. I'll never go to a regular 'dumb' phone again.

The advice to 'breathe' is a great suggestion. As is the advice to read the BB 101 thread on this board. You will learn a LOT. I am generally pretty good with new tech, and the BB and I clicked instantly, but I would not be nearly as competent as I am now without the help of those on this board.

Use Crackberry as a resource. When you have a specific question, do a search on it here. If you can't find the answer, start a new thread. While you are here look for some applications for your BB. There are a ton of free ones out there, and most of the ones I use on a daily basis I found here.

BB is life changing. Not in a profound way, but in a subtle way. You will come to rely on having a tiny computer in your pocket (or on your hip) in a very short time.

Relax. Learn. Enjoy.
    02-06-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD