Mornin' to my fellow crackberries. I am now 2 weeks in to owning my BB and have learned a lot but still have a lot to figure out. 2 things I am not loving are(1) that icant scroll thru my photos..having to go back and forth or setting up a slide show seems lame and (2) that emails I write on the BB don't show up in my server box. I don't use outlook. Is there something I should do? Bcc myself each time and then erase the copy from the handset?
    Actually one more thing- not being able to scroll thru contacts when open..I mean not being able to scroll and see which ones I have added pics to etc.. This also seems like a task the requires too much effort to do smoothly.
    OK that's it for now!! LOL. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mommading; 09-08-09 at 06:33 AM.
    09-08-09 06:26 AM
    Mornin' to my fellow crackberries. I am now 2 weeks in to owning my BB and have learned a lot but still have a lot to figure out. 2 things I am not loving are that i
    Hit enter before finishing your post?
    09-08-09 06:31 AM
    You didn't finish the post! What are you not loving?
    09-08-09 06:32 AM
    Lol yup!! I type b's alot too since the b is near the space bar...LOL.
    You didn't finish the post! What are you not loving?
    09-08-09 06:36 AM
    To scroll through your pics, hit P for previous and N for next. I had the same complaint and was told these shortcuts. Hope this helps you.

09-08-09 06:39 AM
    To scroll through your pics, hit P for previous and N for next. I had the same complaint and was told these shortcuts. Hope this helps you.

I also had the same complaint until I read this, thanks for the tip!
    09-08-09 06:47 AM
    I know!!!Thanks Lone rider!! Brilliant!! Only other users could help :-)

09-08-09 06:50 AM
    Also not sure if this helps any but as far as scrolling you can use the spacebar instead of spining on the trackball it helps if you need to scroll along ways down a page and if you push the "t" key it goes to the very top of a web page as "b" goes to the very bottom of a webpage
    09-08-09 07:25 AM
    David thanks..I learned that one last week on the board, the only place that didn't work was within my address book..kept listing my contacts that start with "T"...lol

09-08-09 07:29 AM
    Ok sorry I am so excited, but I just figured out that the "P" "N" trick works in my emails too!!! Whoo hoo

Last edited by mommading; 09-08-09 at 07:43 AM.
    09-08-09 07:40 AM
    LOL ok I hear ya on that yeah that will do that in the address book, speaking of the address book if you have asigned you contacts to be a "personal" or business" when you typed in their info and phone number in , then when you go to the address book and after you have open the address book you push on the Blackberry Button (7 dots on it) and then scroll up tp where it shows filter , there you will see two categories one is business and one is personal if either of this boxes is ticked and the other is not you will only see whats under the ticked category(example if buisness ticked you would only see things saved under as a business when you entered that info)
    If both are unticked you will or should see all of the contacts in you address book by scrolling with the trackball here . I dont think you can tick them both but you can untick them both
    Last edited by DavidNC; 09-08-09 at 07:49 AM.
    09-08-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks again for the rapid responses. Does anyone have an answer to my emails: mailbox vs. Handheld? Is there a setting to tweak or am I stuck bcc'ing.

09-08-09 09:54 AM
    Thanks again for the rapid responses. Does anyone have an answer to my emails: mailbox vs. Handheld? Is there a setting to tweak or am I stuck bcc'ing.

Not for sure if this is a solution or not, but I use Gmail and it works great for BB and my home account mail box. As an added plus, Gmail is free and there are a lot of extras that Google provides, like Google Sync, your contacts on Google/BB Phone, and Google Calendar. They all interface with the BB Phone.

Again don't know if that is an option for you, but works great for me. And I get an exact copy of my email that I send in my BB Inbox.

Hope this helps...
    09-08-09 10:14 AM
    if you go with the bcc'ing, you can go into your email options online, (for me it's alltel.blackberry.com) and block emails from yourself. so you don't have to worry about deleting every email you send to yourself off your phone. [:
    09-08-09 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the p and n tip!
    09-08-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD