I looked around a bit and I can't seem to find the answer for my questions so I thought I'd consolidate them here..

First off, I finally got the internet enabled on the phone, yay! I downloaded a few apps, got the e-mail set up, etc. Is there a way for your e-mail box to sync up with your blackberry, such as deleting an e-mail from your gmail inbox will also delete it from your blackberry?

Also ever since I set up the e-mail and the gchat/facebook apps, my text messages have been mysteriously wiping them selves off my phone, about 3 times a day. I don't really understand it. They will all be there, and all of a sudden I'll go look and I'll have no messages in my phone, not even the saved ones show up. I looked in options and I set it to keep all messages forever, so it's not deleting them for fun, and I looked around in some folders and it's still a no go. Mysterious...

Also I bought a cable to hook up the blackberry to the computer, but I get an error on the blackberry saying that "Usb charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper usb driver is installed"

What exactly does that mean? =\ Do I have the wrong cable? I tried all the different plugs on the computer and it's the same error. Grr. I wanted to update the OS on it, and sync it up to my desktop (if i can do that)

Hurray for week 2 of owning my phone
    08-25-08 10:18 PM
    I don't use gmail, so I can't address that part of your question.

The lost texts are a classic symptom of low free memory. Check your Options / Status / File Free. If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes, perform the Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig.

The USB charging current message is misleading. It simply means that you connected your BlackBerry to your computer before you installed Desktop Manager. Install Desktop Manager again and it will go away. It's actually a Windows XP driver issue.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-25-08 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added Welcome
    08-25-08 10:24 PM
    oOoOo thanks Jeff. The memory issue has been very puzzling for me. I checked my micro SD card and i have over 2 gigs free, but for pictures and such, it only seems to save 5 megs and I can't get the other ones to save on the memory card. I'm afraid I don't have a very good understanding of how my blackberry works...sigh.
    08-25-08 11:02 PM
    Unfortunately, the microSD card memory won't help you with low device memory. From the Home Screen, check Options / Status / File Free. If the number is less than 12 000 000 bytes (it won't have spaces; I put those for ease of reading), then you are low on available device memory. That's independent of your microSD card. The MOP linked in my sig can help you recover memory. He also explains how to set your picture storage options. I'm not sure why you're having trouble saving more than 5 megs. It seems like I've seen that before, but it's late here on the East Coast and I've got to call it a night. Maybe someone else can help you with that.
    08-25-08 11:16 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I took a look and it was at 0, lol, and I cleaned up some stuff and I'm at 6million. I'm going to have to go through and clean everything up when I can. Sigh. More stuff to figure out
    08-25-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD