i just got my first curve 4 days ago, and i already love it. it is such an awesome phone. before i ask my question, i wanted everyone to know how awesome the Best Skins Ever product is. i ordered it the day i got my phone and received it in 2 days. i nervously applied it last night (i did not like the idea of soapy water near my phone) and it was a lot easier than i thought it would be. i read so many horror stores of how hard it was and how difficult the product could be, but as long as you keep your fingers wet it is a breeze. i put the entire phone skin on in less than 20 minutes. just fyi for anyone debating a skin for their phone.
    now to my question, my phone screen just randomly dims and brightens while i am using it. i have "automatically dim backlight" set to "off" and "backlight timeout" set to "30 seconds". but i can get a text and open it and begin reading it, then after about 10 secs my phone will finally brighten to full light and then in the middle of replying the phone light will dim and brighten spastically. any clues or things i should look for? thank you for your help in advance.
    10-09-08 11:39 AM
    Your berry has a light sensor in it. It automatically dims and lights up to adjust to the light in the room.
    10-09-08 11:43 AM
    Oh and welcome to crackberry!!!
    10-09-08 11:43 AM
    i would have never have guessed that one. thank you for your help. i drove myself crazy searching these forums and reading through the manual and changing settings trying to figure out why it would do that. thanks.
    10-09-08 11:44 AM
    Lol i did too when i first got my berry, I didnt figure that out until i went to my local store and complained..lol
    10-09-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD