Hey everyone, I just got a curve 8320 from T-mobile and wanted to know a few things...

1. I was under the impression that the AIM instant Messenger that is preloaded on the Phone was free unfortunately I found out the hard way that it is the same cost of a text, is there a way I can get Aim on the curve for free or juss use my data which is unlimited..

2. Any settings or upgrades I should make?

Any other tips and suggestions are welcome
    01-04-08 11:41 PM
    Where did you find this out? The AIM IM on the 8320 uses data from your data plan. It does not use SMS/text.

I would dump all the IM applications on the Curve (even though they are data) and go with JiveTalk.

BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go
    01-04-08 11:58 PM
    I called T-mobile customer care and they told me that if you use the AIM that is accessed through the shortcut on the phone then it is considered a text message and is charged as such
    01-05-08 12:17 AM
    There are many free upgrades to look into based on your individual needs. BB Smartviewer or Empower PRO are both great applications for reading emails on your BB. They give the BB user a more comprehensive view of there email similiar to what you would see via your desktop.

OperaMini is a popular choice as a free web browser which once again gives the BB user a more desktop like appearance when browsing the internet.

There are many other free applications located under the software setting on this site which will greatly improve your over-all BB user experience. Thats one of the great things about BB, all the applications that are available to enhance your user experience based on the individuals needs.
    01-05-08 02:25 AM
    Is it only for the use of the AIM product? What about the other messenger products - like the Yahoo product....... I always thought they fell under the data part of the plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 04:07 AM

I would dump all the IM applications on the Curve (even though they are data) and go with JiveTalk.
    JiveTalk is the BOMB!!!!
    01-05-08 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD