So on the 'L" shaped theme there is an icon for "applications" which seems redundant considering there is a dedicated hard button also for applications. Is there any way to remove the applications icon or is there a specific reason for it to be in two places at once?
    06-10-08 11:36 AM
    Nope, can't remove it. That's just the way it is. The application icon is also in most other themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 11:39 AM
    Be nice if it did. I could use the extra space for more appointments but, it don't work that way.
    06-10-08 11:44 AM
    If it bothers you that much, the actual Verizon theme found on Verizon Blackberries does not have an application shortcut on the main screen.
    06-10-08 11:52 AM
    If it bothers you that much, the actual Verizon theme found on Verizon Blackberries does not have an application shortcut on the main screen.

Yeah, I noticed that, but it only allows five icons which is a bit limmited. Its not a deal breaker, I was just curious if there was a way to get rid of it.
    06-10-08 12:13 PM
    Oh.... Well, nope. No way to get rid of it. Sorry. I use the zen theme... it works out just a-ok for me!
    06-10-08 12:41 PM
    I think this might help - maybe not, since I'm a newbie too - but -

you could move the app icon out of your "L" field. Just highlight the icon you wanna move, press menu and select 'move' - then you basically drag and drop it to wherever you want. I set up my most frequently used icons this way, and it saves time. I also set my left convenience button to the "keyboard lock" which also is a timesaver.

eggman
    06-10-08 03:12 PM
    I think this might help - maybe not, since I'm a newbie too - but -

you could move the app icon out of your "L" field. Just highlight the icon you wanna move, press menu and select 'move' - then you basically drag and drop it to wherever you want. I set up my most frequently used icons this way, and it saves time. I also set my left convenience button to the "keyboard lock" which also is a timesaver.

eggman
    This works for almost all icons. However it will not work for the "APPLICATIONS" or the "PROFILES" icon (at least on the L theme).

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-10-08 04:44 PM
    Eggman - That is definitely how you would think it would work, unfortunately, in that theme, the applications icon is permanently set.
    06-10-08 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD