I'm a newbie here, I just purchased my first Blackberry Curve 8320.

I was looking at the themes and ringtones they included and they suck!

I like the phone though.

I was wondering, how do I go about downloading new themes and ringtones and transfer them into my blackberry? Upload current videos on my desktop? What types of videos can we load? Youtube? Movies? Etc.?

As of right now my internet for my BB is inactive. I do not plan to activate it for another month, how do I go about using my USB cable?

Ringtones, and themes (free ones much preferred).

Also...is Wi-Fi connection at the house normally slow? Cause I set mine up, and its running real slow...

I have so many questions about this phone, its not even funny...

I really need your expertise, so thank you for any reply back.
    Last edited by ohmyyikes; 01-03-08 at 01:36 PM.
    01-03-08 01:05 PM
    Welcome to CB!

1. You can dowload videos from you tube. go to blueapple.mobi and search.

2. To use the usb cable, just plug one end to your bb and the other to your pc

3. For themes you can go to themes4bb.com (free) download thru ota (over the air download) you would need the internet service for that. OR you can download thru ur pc. download the ZIP file, save to ur desktop then move the files to another folder, connect your bb and go to apps and add new then click on the new folder and add the alx file.

4. Wifi- depends on how fast your internet at home is, but the EDGE network is ok.

Good Luck
    Last edited by cindylov4; 01-03-08 at 01:21 PM.
    01-03-08 01:17 PM
    I'm a newbie here, I just purchased my first Blackberry Curve 8300.

I was looking at the themes and ringtones they included and they suck!

I like the phone though.

I was wondering, how do I go about downloading new themes and ringtones and transfer them into my blackberry? Upload current videos on my desktop? What types of videos can we load? Youtube? Movies? Etc.?

As of right now my internet for my BB is inactive. I do not plan to activate it for another month, how do I go about using my USB cable?

Ringtones, and themes (free ones much preferred).

Go through the FAQs, here, and at blackberryforums.com and pinstack.com. There is a FAQ on unlucking all vendor themes.

Downloading and installing themes should be last resort, after seeing all vendor themes IMO. I found the Italian carrier's theme to be the best of them all and it has no bugs/glitches. I found, several, downloaded themes that always had one or two minor issues with regards to icon size, font size, meters not displaying properly, etc...

Do yourself a favor, and check out all the vendor themes, first.
    01-03-08 01:17 PM
    Tried uploading a picture into my laptop.

And I receive this message.

"USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed..."

This BB is giving me a headache...
    01-03-08 01:32 PM
    Tried uploading a picture into my laptop.

And I receive this message.

"USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed..."

This BB is giving me a headache...
    Have you installed Desktop Manager, to the laptop. That error is common, when it's drivers are not installed. If you have installed DTM, it simply means what it says...
    01-03-08 01:37 PM
    Also which desktop manager? If yours came with 4.2 try installing the 4.3. worked for me when i was having trouble.
    Follow this link and select desktop software v4.3, then select multilang. good luck
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by cindylov4; 01-03-08 at 01:52 PM.
    01-03-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD