So here's the scenario...I open up my new curve and during the setup wizard I get to the "email setup" option. There are 3 options (1) "I want to create or add an email address" (2) "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server, or (3) "I want to skip email setup.

For some reason I (incorrectly) chose option #2 - work email with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. However at the next screen it asked if my Blackberry Enterprise Server administrator had provided me a password which I chose the "no" option. The next screen just informed me to contact my system administrator to find out whether a password is needed or if I need to install the desktop software. I never did anything more with email setup at that point.

The problem: After realizing that I do not want option #2 and instead want option #1 (create or add an email address)...the problem is that when I get to the "email setup" portion of the setup wizard...option #1 is apparently not available or not an option because the option is not even there on the screen....just two options...(1) to either use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server or (2) skip email setup. What happened to the original option of adding an email address?? It appears that I am now unable to merely adding an email address.

I tried wiping the handheld clean but that didn't work either. Could someone please help me so that I can undo this apparent email setup mistake and get option 1 back??
    Last edited by cdk3; 08-19-08 at 07:03 PM.
    08-17-08 04:11 PM
    I need help...
    08-17-08 08:01 PM
    Well, it seems drastic, and maybe somebody else will offer an easier solution, but I think if you wipe your device with JL_Cmdr and reinstall your OS, that will bring back the original wizard. I haven't had to do that, but it ought to work. BMcClure's procedure linked in my sig can get you to JL_Cmdr and the rest of the steps. But I really hope somebody can give you a simpler solution. I saw your post earlier, and hadn't said anything until now, because I thought somebody else would have a better idea.
    08-17-08 08:09 PM
    I believe that you will need to contact the Sprint customer service to have them contact RIM to delete the account you started to create.

Once they do that, you should be able to start fresh.
    08-17-08 10:25 PM
    Thanks for giving him an alternative to my nuclear option...which if you are right wouldn't have worked anyway. whew!
    08-17-08 10:28 PM
    Thanks Jeff and Tyroni...Sprint was able to not only fix it but went ahead and set up all 4 of my email accounts (yahoo, etc.) on my desktop. I'm luv'n this blackberry...can't believe I waited so long to get one....I'm a crackhead for sure now...
    08-19-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD