hello all, i am completlely new to the B scene and am having a small problem. It seems that i can't really use my BB for internet browsing. THe pages jsut don't seem to load correcly or arn't supported or soemthing. For example, I can't goto hotmail.com and log into my account from my BB. Is this normal? Are there certain settings that i should have configured? Any help is appreciated. Also, if anybody can give me some help via AIM (s/n davedub69)please do b/c its so much easier than posting on forums.
    09-03-08 11:48 AM
    You have to remember that while the BB browser supports html, it formats websites to fit your screen, sometimes making things look rather screwy. If you want a full web browsing experience I would recommend downloading opera mini. As of yet neither the BB browser or opera mini support flash, so those websites still have to be visited on your computer. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply! Makes sense now with the no flash support! As much as I like the blackberry for messinging def. Not liking it for internet browsing. Are the new models gona supports flash?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 11:58 AM
    Your wap viewing problem could be due to having the wrong browser settings. The default settings don't work well. For better performance on wap pages, you should check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.

Here's a relevant link: How to Access Crackberry from my Blackberry
    09-03-08 01:35 PM
    hi- i'm totally new to blackberry, and i can't get an application to view hotmail on the blackberry...there is one for yahoo email, though. does anyone know about a hotmail app so i can get on the website? I am able to get my messages directly off the blackberry, but i want to be able to login to see all my saved messages and contacts, etc. i just changed the browser settings to what you have suggested! Thanks!
    09-05-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD