Hi everyone,
    I just got an AT&T BB curve 8310 as a gift and it is really cool. I have some questions and hope someone here can help.

1. I currently just have the AT&T voice plan only. Does that mean I can not use email feature on the BB or I can? Also, how about the GPS?
    2. I can increase the font size but the date and time on the top left corner remains very small font size. Is there a way for me to make the date and time larger? also, the names under the icons on the main screen?
    3. Is there a short cut button on the keyboard that is used to open an address book instead of scrolling the ball and click on the address icon on the main screen?
    4. the software version on the BB is 4.2. Where do I go to upgrade to the latest version? will the latest version allows the BB to record video?
    5. I saw some other BB with different backgrounds (on the main screen). How can I do that on my BB?
    6. I can not find the feature for ringtone that is VIBRATE THEN RING on the BB. Where is it?
    7. BB curve 8310 vs LG Vu cu920, which one is better?
    Sorry, if some of these questions are already posted here (I just could not find it). Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-04-09 04:32 PM
    1) Yes and Yes. For the GPS the best you will get is cell tower
    triangulation. Email is out of the question.

2) No. Those are completely controlled by the theme. Only option
    is to find a theme with icons sized to your liking

3) Yes. Turn of dialing from homescreen and simply press "A" or
    "C"

4) https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=Rc4cZBaBN

5) Media > pictures > select picture > press menu and then Set
    as Homescreen

6) http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

7) Neither. It is a completely subjective decision.
    The one that suits your needs better is the best one.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-04-09 at 04:44 PM.
    02-04-09 04:40 PM
    1) You need a data plan in order to send and resieve emails.
    2) As far as I know, the.font size that's on there can not be changed.
    3) Again, don't believe this is possible.
    4) Go to the 83** series forum and you'll find the latest OS. And yes, it will allow video playback.
    5) Some people use themes, some use wallpapers. For themes, go to the BB Themes forum as well as other sites to find these. For wallpapers, go to the BB Wallpapers forum.
    6) Go to Profiles>>Advanced>>'Active' Profile, from there select which option you want to edit, and scroll to Out Of Holster, change the option to Vibrate+Ring.
    7) Can't say as I've never owned either of them but I would bet my last dollar that the Curve is way better!

Hope all this helps! And welcome to your new addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skullgame45; 02-04-09 at 04:51 PM.
    02-04-09 04:47 PM
    Ha skull! AG beat you to it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 04:55 PM
    Thank you ALL. I really appreciate it.
    02-04-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD