Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to the blackberry/CrackBerry family. I just got a blackberry curve (Verizon) the other day and this really is my first PDA/Smart phone. I never really needed one before this but work got to the point where I needed to invest.

I currently use outlook as my contact manager, but I have some contacts that I only have phone numbers for. While I can put them in outlook and they update to my device, I can not edit them in outlook unless they have an email address associated with them. Can anyone recommend a software that I can place on my PC desktop that will give me access to my contacts that I can edit and update and then update my device without using outlook?

Also, I've noticed that at certain times when I sync my phone using the desktop software 4.3, It resets my wallpaper on my device, is there a fix to prevent this?

and third, when I send an email from my home PC, it sends a copy of the sent message to my phone. Is there a way to turn this off? I am ok with recieving new messages but a sent message is not a new one, and is there a way to view my emails in the HTML format they come in as ooposed to just text and links?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but as I said, I am a newbie at this.

Thanks

Leftpaw
    09-09-08 04:15 PM
    about sending a message from your home pc: if you don't want to recieve one on your blackberry, go to your e-mail icon on your BB. press the menu button and go to options/email settings. turn off confirm delievered
    09-09-08 04:25 PM
    Os 4.5 supports html email as well as 3rd party softwares. As far as outlook mine works fine without an email entry. Not sure but could be an outlook setting or version. Don't know about your wallpaper, maybe try DM 4.6?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 04:34 PM
    hmm that didn't work on my device. I have the 8330 btw. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I am still getting the message on my phone that I sent from my home computer.

Make it stop Mom!!
    09-09-08 04:35 PM
    Why can't you save a contact in your Outlook without an email address? Or are you saving that when you DO save a contact with only a phone in Outlook that it won't sync to your Blackberry?

Also, log into your BIS and uncheck the setting on the email address that is sending you the copies you don't want.

As to your wallpaper issue, if you save that picture to your device memory, that problem won't happen.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 09-09-08 at 06:50 PM.
    09-09-08 06:47 PM
    Upgrade your DM to 4.5, and that will probably solve the wallpaper issue. And PS I'm a leftie too!
    09-09-08 07:05 PM
    Ok I upgraded to DM 4.6, so we will see if this Solves the wallpaper issue, I don't want to save things to the device memory if I can save it to my memory card.

I applied a filter on my BIS website to prevent messages *sent* from my email address being forwarded to my device and after initial testing, it seems to work.

My issue with outlook is this: I added contacts in outlook and only added their phone number. When I open up my address book, I only see those names that have an email address with them. If I search for a name that has just a phone number, I get nothing back. I know they are there, and I don't see any settings where I can change what information is being displayed. I use office 2003. so it would be outlook 2003.

oh and one other issue I have. I would love to upgrade my OS to 4.5xx, but it is not currently available from Verizon as they still have 4.3 which I already have. I don't want to use a bittorrent website, is there someplace I can find and download OS 4.5.xx I think .90 is the latest.

Thanks for all the help so far and Go Lefties!!
    09-10-08 11:10 AM
    I use outlook as well. I noticed, if I add the contact to my phone, then link up with the computer, it asks permission to "add new account" (something like that). hit yes, it loads it into Outlook and still shows up for me (Running Vista and the newest stuff Verizon lets for the 8330). That works fine for me...

Verizon are little bitches tho... no fun there...
    09-11-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD