Sorry for the newbie question... just got the 8330 for Verizon.

I can't for the life of me figure out where downloads go... can not find a download folder anywhere.

I did a search and the closest I could find was to hit the BB button twice and hit 'set download folder' but I dont see that all I get is move/hide/delete/ show all (which IS checked)/ add folder/ edit folder / switch application

Was looking for the downloads cause i was trying to add the facebook app. i click download and it shows it downloading but thats it. does not give a destination or an option to open the download.
    03-21-09 07:44 PM
    It dls to your device. the icon will be in the list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 07:48 PM
    This a brand new phone (6 hours old) The GF had it activated at the VZW store. Wondering if they deleted something

Here are ALL Icons shown:
    Address Book
    Call Log
    Calendar
    Blackberry Messenger
    Browser
    Maps
    Media
    Voice Notes Recorder
    Video Camera
    Camera
    Profiles
    Tasks
    Memo Pad
    Alarm
    Voice Dialing
    Brick Breaker
    Calculator
    Password
    Help
    Search
    Documents To Go
    Options
    Set Up BT
    Manage Connections
    Keyboard Lock
    Turn Power Off
    Setup Wizard
    Email Settings

Am I missing something???
    03-21-09 07:55 PM
    Look in Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Does Facebook appear in your applications list?

If it does, try taking the battery out of your BB with the power still on. This is a battery pull, and it will reset your BB. Reinstall the battery, after it reboots, see if the Facebook icon is there.
    03-21-09 08:00 PM
    Yeah, just did a battery pull... Nothing changed although it appeared to go through some reset motions at the beginning.

What bothers me most is no download folder.. I would assume that If I downloaded the facebook app its sitting there wating for me, no?

This is my first BB coming over from Windows Mobile... so I'm more used to the filing cabinet method.
    03-21-09 08:09 PM
    I never looked for the download folder, never neede to, but try this:

Media > Menu > Explore > Device memory > Home > User

Then there is a Documents folder.
    03-21-09 08:16 PM
    If you download apps using your blackberry's browser it will install for you. It should tell you that that application was successfully downloaded or something like that. The facebook app icon just look like a blue square with an F in it. If you download something other than an app you can search for it by going to media hen hitting the menu key and selecting explore. Then you will see device memory and media card. Search through them. Facebook wont be in there though.
    03-21-09 08:20 PM
    OK cool.. well Facbook isn't installing.. don't know what that's about. DEFINITELY not already installed.

If I send myseld a .doc that would go into the media manager too?
    03-21-09 08:22 PM
    Yes it would go into that documents folder that xl told you about. Try downloading facebook again from this link using your blackberry browser. www.blackberry.com/facebook_download
    03-21-09 08:26 PM
    Success!!!

Thanks for the help on all counts.

/thread
    03-21-09 08:36 PM
    Did that link help you out? Glad your up and running.
    03-21-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD