Hi all

I got my Curve 8330 phone about a week ago (bought directly from Metro PCS in Atlanta) and I am loving it but I do have a couple of questions.

Can I get wireless on it? There is a place I go alot and I never get a signal there with Metro and someone said that I can connect to the wireless and probably get a signal but I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, there was no pre loaded themes or backgrounds on the phone and I would like to add some. Is there a website that I can get them for free and be able to put them on my phone easily? I tried to download one from some website but it was a .sis format and I have no clue what that is. To me, it looks like I can only use .jpg format.

Also, I would love to put games on my phone but I don't want to pay for them if possible. Is there a website for that also. I have the BB App World in the phone and I tried to download and play poker but it never worked so I took it out. Someone told me that I can only use Metro's game on the phone but someone else said that since it is a BB, I should be able to use any game and when I called Metro and asked, they had no clue (figures).

Any help would be great, just trying to use my phone with everything I can.
    07-12-09 07:24 PM
    Welcome to CB and congrats on getting your curve.
    1 I assume your talking about wifi and the answer is no. The wifi curve is an 8320 and the 8350i.
    2 For some themes take a look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/
    3 For games look here Bplay: BlackBerry Games, Themes and Entertainment
    07-12-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the info. I thought I was going crazy with the wi-fi

How do I put them game in my phone so they will work?
    I downloaded Bejeweled for the phone and it is a zip file, so I opened the zip and now there is a .alx and a .cod file but I don't know what I am suppose to do
    07-12-09 07:37 PM
    You have to use desktop manger to install games that are in zip format. You have already unzipped the files so your on to a good start. If you dont have desktop manager already then get it here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    I recommend getting 4.6 without media manager if you are going to use a media card in your device. If not then you will need to get the one with media manager but I warn you the media manager is slightly better than garbage..lol
    Once you have the desktop manager installed you start it then plug in your blackberry using the usb cable that came with it. Now go to applications loader then add/remove applications and click start. Once it gets done connecting to your device and searching for applications it will show a list of applications for your device. Look down towards the right and click the browse button. Navigate to where you saved the extracted files. Click on the .alx file(which should be the only one you see). Follow the prompts to completion.
    07-12-09 07:55 PM
    Thank you
    07-12-09 08:38 PM
    Your welcome. Let me know if you need any more help.
    07-12-09 08:42 PM
    can u send me a backup copy of your metropcs service books so i can try to make my flashed one work almost 100%? if so i really appreciate it, just make a backup of your phone service books and send to my email: big_flyer AT comcast DOT net . thanks and if you need any more help let me know. thanks again
    07-17-09 08:13 PM
    I just got a metro PCS 8330 and I can not change the ringtone of the messages. I had the hint before and it allowed me to use a custome ring for the text messages. Can anyone help me with this?

THank you
    Carlos
    12-06-09 12:15 PM
    Never mind I just found the way using the profile icon
    Thank you anyway
    12-06-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD