Hey all, been reading the forums for about 2 weeks, just got my curve on tmo this evening. I am new to the whole smartphone thing!

But my question is, when trying to sign in to googletalk, msn or any of the IM proggies, it tells me it doesnt have the right book?

Where do I go to get the books, or whatever it needs so I can chat away?

Thanks!
    09-27-07 09:07 PM
    Turns out my problem wasnt my Precious Lil Curve, it was the damn Tmo store that I bought it from. They didnt sign me up for the unlimited web browsing which customer service helped me with this morning. CS was very happy to assist and was excited to talk about the Curve. They got me up and running, now if they just added some better coverage (im in a hospital building and dont get service while verizon folks do) I would love it!

Another thing the Tmo store didnt offer was insurance or anything, just upgraded my account, took my cash and sent me on my way.
    09-28-07 11:08 AM
    LOL T-Mobile is like that. The thing I have learned with insurance with them is that depending on the MSRP of the phone that 35 dollar deductible doesn't cover it anymore. Your deductible now is based on the Tier Level of the phone. So now you pay something like 100 dollars or more to get the replacement (refurb) of your phone. To me whenever I break a phone I check out Craigslist or Ebay or here to see who is selling what.

In terms of a messenger client I would have to say check out JiveTalk. Works a lot better than the preloaded messengers that came on the Curve.

Also, welcome to Crackberry and enjoy your stay.
    09-28-07 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the information and the welcome, I was thinking the same thing about skipping the insurance and if something does happen, just going to craigs/e-b/houston-imports or here to see whats for sale.

Also thanks for the info on Jivetalk, I'll check that out this evening from home.
    09-28-07 11:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com! Enjoy your stay and don't forget to check out the FAQ section at the top of the forum.
    09-28-07 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD