Hi All . . .
    New Blackberry Curve 8330. The device is recognized with everything except media manager. It continues to tell me to plug in the device, which it is. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My husband has the same phone, no problems . . . already downloaded ESPN Football track for his ringtone
    05-14-08 09:07 PM
    Do you have a Media Card in your 8330? If you don't, I can explain what you're seeing.

If you attempt to run Desktop Manager/Media Manager without a Media Card installed, the following will happen:
    • Roxio will start, but put up the message, "There is no device connected. Please connect your device..."
    • After a few seconds, you'll be prompted for your device password, if you use one.
    • After that comes the message "Please insert Media Card."
    • Click OK anyway.
    • Again you will get the message "There is no device connected. Please connect your device..."

At this point, if you look in the lower left quadrant, you will see the device memory. It's there, even thought Roxio is telling you it isn't connected. You can move files within the device memory. Media Manager is not a very good tool, but it's the only one available to you if you DON'T have a Media Card.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-14-08 at 09:51 PM. Reason: revised list
    05-14-08 09:49 PM
    Yes, I have a media card. Roxio will start up, the bottom portion of the screen states, There is no device connected . . . blah blah blah. BUT its connected, it sync'd with my outlook perfectly. The problem is the Media Manager doesn't see it . . . . I tried to use another laptop with XP thinking maybe my VISTA OS is the issue, no luck. I have now unistalled the program and will try and re-install . . . . thank you for your help. Please let me know if you think of anything else!
    05-14-08 10:25 PM
    In the box in the bottom left, there are four folders at the top. Click on the devices folder and see if your card shows up.
    05-14-08 10:31 PM
    Ok, do you have the Media card enabled in your blackberry?

Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop. You won't need to use Media Manager.
    05-14-08 10:31 PM
    i have the same problem...my computer recognizes the drive...but not media manager. i can transfer files via wondows explorer, but i would like to be able to used media mgr to transfer video and convert it properly.

i have tried turning both off...and on "enable mass storge" on my phone. i also renamed the phone drive "O" as another thread suggested.

anyone???
    05-14-08 10:32 PM
    Welcome to the crackberry family.
    05-14-08 10:42 PM
    Yes . . . to all . . . . we have even switched out the media cards and mine is working in my husbands curve. It see's the card, the BB recognizes it, Media Managers just won't see the device. . . .

We'll keep trying different things. I'll keep you posted . . . thanks!
    05-14-08 11:14 PM
    Does your husband's card work in your BB? Can Media Manager see it?
    05-14-08 11:32 PM
    Yep . . . giving up for tonight, we have uninstalled and reinstalled 3x's. Tried almost everything we can think of. As we just received them, and bought 4, I think I'm just going to have them give me a new one . . . . Thanks again. If there is a solution, I will post.
    05-15-08 12:15 AM
    Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop. You won't need to use Media Manager.
    It's worth nothing that the Mass Storage Mode needs to be on (at least on mine) in order for the Media Manager to recognize the Blackberry's card as well.
    05-15-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD