Life is BAD!!!!! okay here's the deal, had Nextel forever for work. Contract expires, the good news! break down and head over to AT&T scooped up my new addiction, the 8310. LOVE IT!!!! breezing through set-up got it dialed in proper. loving life, how did i survive so long without???? Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks, Sunday BBQ, great weather, etc. Messing around with all the kids close to the lake in the backyard, grabbed one of the boys to "throw" him in the lake, he starts kickin around, guess what flies outta the holster into the lake....... WATER DAMAGED, NO INSURANCE, and stuck now with a flip s%&t phone cuz i can't find a replacement under 300 bucks and it's gonna hurt droppin over 600 bucks for 2 yr contract and now a new one before i even got to pay my first bill..... now these people i call friends say "it's only a phone go get another." can someone please pass me the tissues????? Thanx for listening no one else seems to understand my dilemma.......
    04-09-08 10:25 PM
    only a phone????? let me guess, they use the cheap free ones you get when you sign a contract. blech!
    04-09-08 10:27 PM
    That sucks, but AT&T is the only carrier who doesn't offer insurance on PDAs. Kind of a stupid rule if you ask me, but nobody ever thinks they'll need it until it's too late. Sprint may not have CS but my baby (my BB) is always covered!
    04-09-08 10:29 PM
    Thanx for listening no one else seems to understand my dilemma.......[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should see a Counselor!!! (pun your screen name) Just joking and trying to lighten the mood. Sorry to hear about your Berry
    04-09-08 10:31 PM
    Obviously, they have never had a BlackBerry. Check the site and ebay for a new berry. Hang in there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 10:32 PM
    You can sometimes find a good deal in the market place forum.
    04-09-08 10:34 PM
    Have you tried e-bay or craigslist?
    04-09-08 10:35 PM
    AT the end of the day it is only a phone, at least noone got hurt or worse case drowned. When it comes to water, I leave my BB as far away as possible. I aslo drowned a BB by getting pushed into a pool by my so called friends. Insurance would have helped you out. Over here in Canada we don't have that option, so was just curious how much is it per month and are you commited to a certain amount of time to keep paying the premium or you can pay month to month and cancel when you want.
    04-09-08 10:36 PM
    Pm me when you get a chance, I might be able to help out.

04-09-08 10:40 PM
    AT the end of the day it is only a phone, at least noone got hurt or worse case drowned. When it comes to water, I leave my BB as far away as possible. I aslo drowned a BB by getting pushed into a pool by my so called friends. Insurance would have helped you out. Over here in Canada we don't have that option, so was just curious how much is it per month and are you commited to a certain amount of time to keep paying the premium or you can pay month to month and cancel when you want.
    Every American carrier does it differently. With Sprint it's $7.00 a month and if you break it in any way, you can take to a service and repair center and they'll replace it or fix it. If it's lost stolen or liquid damaged you have pay a $50.00 deductible and Asurion (an outsourced company) sends you another BB. You can make 3 claims a year for lost stolen or liquid damaged, and unlimited replacements for in-store issues. Insurance can be cancelled at any time, but can only be added within 30 days of activating a new device on your line of service.
    04-09-08 10:42 PM
    Every American carrier does it differently. With Sprint it's $7.00 a month and if you break it in any way, you can take to a service and repair center and they'll replace it or fix it. If it's lost stolen or liquid damaged you have pay a $50.00 deductible and Asurion (an outsourced company) sends you another BB. You can make 3 claims a year for lost stolen or liquid damaged, and unlimited replacements for in-store issues. Insurance can be cancelled at any time, but can only be added within 30 days of activating a new device on your line of service.
    Thanks for the reply, this is something I would definately be intrested in. For approximately $7 a month, you can't go wrong.
    04-09-08 10:44 PM
    that sucks but at least u have real friend and fam here someone is alway trying to help here!

P.S. cjcarbone way to go on offering hand to a man need that is very BIG of u! got to love the CB Fam!!!!!!!
    04-09-08 10:59 PM
    It's all good Crimson..... AT&T doesn't offer insurance YET.... i've lost sleep on craig's list and e-bay..... thanx for the tip suncast and i'll def hit you up cj! I love you guys already!!!!!!!!
    04-09-08 11:12 PM
    P.S. an AT&T rep told me that they will start insuring the 2G PDAs when the new 3G network is released in the next few months.......
    04-09-08 11:29 PM
    04-09-08 11:54 PM
    oops didnt see that cjcarbone told you to message him lol thats his posting i just put up
    04-09-08 11:55 PM
    Haha, Thanks!!!

i hope i can help him out, i couldnt imagine losing my loved one. Oops, i mean berry. LOL

And i hope he looks at the price in my listing, i offered him a BB a little cheaper than that, came across one of my friends that wants to go to the 8820.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 04-10-08 at 12:09 AM.
    04-10-08 12:07 AM
    Craigslist.com is a great place to look. I've bought, sold, traded many phones from that site for cheap!

04-10-08 12:11 AM
    haha i expect a referral compensation cjcarbone lol jk
    04-10-08 12:47 AM
    To say a blackberry is a phone is to say a house is a bed. Sure there's one in it, but is that what you use the most? My friends don't understand either.
    Welcome home camp counselor.
    Let us know how your bb quest goes.

04-10-08 02:39 AM
    Tragic story ={ hopefully you can find a replacement!! All this before your first bill. I cry with you =]
    04-10-08 08:39 AM
    I remember my first BB. DMC from Run DMC comes into my work all the time, so I decided to show him my new toy since I talk to him regularly. First thing I said was "just don't drop it Darryl." I hand it to him and it slips out of his hand and to the ground. I screamed bloody murder! Luckily my baby was ok. I'm sorry to hear about your baby, but I'm sure it'll work out for you.
    04-10-08 08:50 AM
    ^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Here on the island we call that "Goat Mouth". Basically, you put "goat mouth" on your phone. Glad everything was ok
    04-10-08 09:31 AM
    Dont you guys insure such stuff under your home insurance for electrical goods? I know my home insurance here in the UK covers for anything accidental, go back 1999-2000 party is kicking off Bass Transpoder shaking the floor vibrates bottle of Champagne onto Powerbook and with the power on boom bam splat the logic board is gone.

Rang my insurance withing a week a replacement was sent out (Brand New) and yeah that is all inclusive in the �30 a month I pay.
    04-10-08 11:26 AM
    I don't know if you will be able to pull this off, but drowned mine once and was able to get it replaced under warranty. What I did was take as many parts off as possible, dry the crap out of it with a blow dryer, and then called them playing dumb saying that it wasn't working. If they did find water damage, they never hit me up for the $300 fee.
    04-10-08 11:56 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD