I started with a Palm TREO 680 (drowned it in Lake Travis) then had AT&T Tilt for 2 weeks, now have the BB Curve.

I've read lots of posts and thank you all! I especially like the suggestion for Jive Talk.

The only thing I really don't like about the BB is the inability to turn off e-mail receiving. If I'm at work at at my computer, I don't need to check e-mail on the phone!

Thanks to all for your great posts. I'll check back often!
    07-08-08 06:11 PM
    If you have a BES then when you are at your desk plug your BB into the USB cable and launch desktop manager. There is a setting for disabling mail redirection when its connected. If you are on a BIS then you are out of luck on that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:18 PM
    If you have a BES then when you are at your desk plug your BB into the USB cable and launch desktop manager. There is a setting for disabling mail redirection when its connected. If you are on a BIS then you are out of luck on that one.

DANG! - good call - didn't know that was available..........thank you
    07-08-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks ya'll. Is there a way to disable e-mail without deleting it?
    07-08-08 08:44 PM
    Hi and welcome

07-08-08 09:08 PM
    Welcome to CB!!
    07-08-08 09:14 PM
    hide the icons or move em...........if you do not configure your BB it will not get email......
    07-08-08 09:15 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    07-08-08 09:25 PM
    You don't want the device to get email at all at your desk? Or you don't want to get notified? If its the notification, create a new profile that doesn't alert you on email receipt and set your phone to that when you're at your desk?

07-08-08 11:01 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.

07-08-08 11:34 PM
    welcome to the fun!
    07-08-08 11:37 PM
    If you are on a BIS then you are out of luck on that one.
    No, you're not.

Open Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation>Message Services: (select the email you want to disable) and set Wireless Reconcile to Off.
    07-09-08 12:23 AM
    Ditto on using the Reconcile feature to direct your mail.

07-09-08 06:18 AM
    No, you're not.

Open Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation>Message Services: (select the email you want to disable) and set Wireless Reconcile to Off.
    Thanks, Kronk. I did this but still receive emails on the BB.

I wish somebody could design a phone that has ALL the options you want!! I love the Curve except for this feature.
    07-09-08 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD