Hello all! New to Blackberry and this site and have a call log question. I know how to delete a call log entry, but need to know if there is a way to delete part of the history for a particular number. For instance, if I have 20 calls to 555-1212 and want to delete only the oldest 15 but keep the most recent 5, how do I do that? It seems to only allow the deletion of the entire history for a particular number. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help.
    07-02-08 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a way to only delete a partial history for any particular number.

Welcome to CB.
    07-02-08 09:54 AM
    Well that is just disappointing to hear
    07-02-08 10:43 AM
    Hello all! New to Blackberry and this site and have a call log question. I know how to delete a call log entry, but need to know if there is a way to delete part of the history for a particular number. For instance, if I have 20 calls to 555-1212 and want to delete only the oldest 15 but keep the most recent 5, how do I do that? It seems to only allow the deletion of the entire history for a particular number. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help.
    If you are using the list that you get when you press the Call Log icon, then Jenaywins is right. If you delete an entry there, you delete all occurrences of that entry. But that list is not the actual call log. It's just the last 20 unique entries. The actual Call Log is a folder in Messages. Unintuitive, I know. Go to Messages/Menu/View Folder/Phone Call Logs. You'll see the last 30 days of calls. You can select and delete them one by one without deleting your entire history for that number. Note, though, that if you deleted the number from the Call Log icon screen, you did delete ALL entries from the Phone Call Log.
    07-02-08 12:49 PM
    Thanks JeffH! That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help and I'm sure I'll be back for more.
    07-03-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD