This seems too elementary to ask, but ...

Where will my BB display total call time used? I would like to stay within my plan and other phones allow me to track useage. I can figure how to track individual call lengths, but not total time consumed since reset.

Thanks in advance.

8320 newb, enjoying it
    09-08-08 06:09 PM
    Dail #MIN#
    09-08-08 06:11 PM
    I know on my phone I can hit

the sym key 6467# and it displays mins used.
    09-08-08 06:12 PM
    I just log onto my Verizon Wireless account and it will give me very detailed description of my usage or like others just dial like *min or #min.
    09-08-08 06:32 PM
    Thank you. But the # key WILL NOT display for me!!!
    Why not?
    09-08-08 11:37 PM
    did you hit sym first?
    09-08-08 11:52 PM
    OK, I managed to figure out how to get the ##@#%^& # key to work. But the phone responds "unrecognized app." I think my days of being a BB user will be short...these are REALLY trivial subjects on all the other cell phones I have used.
    09-08-08 11:54 PM
    On your keypad, do you have a SYM button?
    09-08-08 11:55 PM
    Go to Call Log, press Menu, Scroll to Status and

Last Call
    Total Calls

in minutes is diplayed.

However given that billing is done from your carrier and not from your phone, I suggest that going to the carrier's website from the phone is a more valid choice.

Remember that on the BlackBerry you are not just looking at call minutes but also at Mb of data transferred too.
    09-09-08 03:18 AM
    Do not know your carrier but with Verizon I go to my on line account info and grab any info I need from there. I usually do this once a month for my expense reporting.
    09-09-08 06:43 AM
    Dail #MIN#
    This only works for T-Mobile customers.
    09-09-08 08:41 AM
    dialing #min also works for verizon. i use it now and then to keep an eye on my minutes. i tend to use #data more often to keep track of my texts. like others have said, i believe every carrier keeps a log of your minutes on your online account. that's what you should use to ensure you haven't gone over your minutes.
    if you have that much of an issue, you can always call customer service and ask for your minutes. they'll probably also tell you the easiest way to go about finding out how many minutes you've used.

-randy
    09-09-08 09:52 AM
    also:
    I think my days of being a BB user will be short...these are REALLY trivial subjects on all the other cell phones I have used.
    it's a trivial subject on a BB, too. so far, i have not found anything that the BB is not capable of that other simple "phones" are. you gotta understand, the BB is not a "phone." it's a PDA. it does more than a "phone" does, and it does it very well. i tend to look at it like this: the BB (or a treo, or most other PDA's) is not a phone, but a personal data device that, among other things, has a phone application.
    if that's not what you want, then your days probably will be short. but if it is what you want, you will find that you are not bothered by the fact that the phone functionality is noticeably different from a "standalone phone".

-randy
    09-09-08 09:56 AM
    This only works for T-Mobile customers.
    Correct. OP stated that they are using an 8320, and since the rest of the profile info is missing, then I can only assume they are on TMO.
    09-09-08 11:08 AM
    Thank you Pete6; issue solved.
    09-09-08 03:07 PM
    also:

it's a trivial subject on a BB, too. so far, i have not found anything that the BB is not capable of that other simple "phones" are. you gotta understand, the BB is not a "phone." it's a PDA. it does more than a "phone" does, and it does it very well. i tend to look at it like this: the BB (or a treo, or most other PDA's) is not a phone, but a personal data device that, among other things, has a phone application.
    if that's not what you want, then your days probably will be short. but if it is what you want, you will find that you are not bothered by the fact that the phone functionality is noticeably different from a "standalone phone".

-randy
    I think your post should be a sticky on the Newbie page! Great job!
    09-09-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD