Hey guys,
    New here, just got a Verizon Curve 8330. I stumbled upon a solution on another forum for a problem that i have not seen addressed here.

Problem: Bluetooth randomly disconnects and becomes disabled.

solution: turn ON the blue blinking light.

Apparently its a glitch thats known.

Ok here are my questions!!

1) when i receive an email, it says "blah blah blah http://link.com." but the link is not hyperlinked (i cant click it). Is there anyway to make it so that the link (which is a proper link when viewed on a PC) is clickable?

2) I have found that my POP3 email is far from instant. Sometimes it can take 10+ minutes to arrive. As such, i have created a BIS account and forward my emails to the BIS account from the server. Is this what you guys are living with also?

3) if im on the home screen, and i start typing a name , a list appears at the bottom. However, this list seems to be limited to a certain filter i created. Even if the main addressbook is not filtered, this list remains filtered. How can i fix this so that i can search the entire address book from the home screen just by starting to type the name?

4) the caller ID picture is TINY. no fix?

Thats all for now, thanks guys!!!

Abe
    Last edited by revlis240; 06-12-08 at 03:15 PM.
    06-12-08 03:02 PM
    i can tell you that the caller id picture being small cant be fixed but you can crop it. i can tell you this though when someone calls me the size is just right, unless you wanted it to fill up the whole screen which would be cool but cant be done .
    Last edited by SOUJAH345; 06-12-08 at 03:44 PM.
    06-12-08 03:42 PM
    when you type a name in the home screen its bringing up any names that have the letters youre typing in it, i dont think thats a filter though
    06-12-08 03:43 PM
    Welcom to CrackBerry!!

Has anyone verifies this BlueTooth 'fix' is legit??

And how do you add a Caller ID pic without cropping it.

Mine brings up the crop no matter what... even if I had a pic that was perfect for the caller pic to begin with...
    06-12-08 03:44 PM
    the cropping is an unavoidable option... but its a nice option, no?
    06-12-08 03:47 PM
    Welcom to CrackBerry!!

Has anyone verifies this BlueTooth 'fix' is legit??

And how do you add a Caller ID pic without cropping it.

Mine brings up the crop no matter what... even if I had a pic that was perfect for the caller pic to begin with...
    When I enable the bluetooth LED, I don't have the disconnect problems. When I disabled the LED, I did have the problems, so I would say yes, it's a fix. I think there are threads posted on the Bluetooth Central forum about this.
    06-12-08 04:00 PM
    can anyone comment on the fact that from the home screen when i start typing the name, not all the names show up on the list? Only the names i have withing a certain filter show up (but thats only about 8 names)...
    06-12-08 04:09 PM
    can anyone comment on the fact that from the home screen when i start typing the name, not all the names show up on the list? Only the names i have withing a certain filter show up (but thats only about 8 names)...

scroll up I did comment on that
    06-13-08 03:14 PM
    Welcome to cb.
    06-13-08 03:18 PM
    well when i type in the home screen it only brings up 9 names...not my entire phonebook...is that normal?
    06-13-08 04:13 PM
    Yes...for example if you type MA, it will give you a list with MAtt, MArk, emMA
    06-13-08 04:22 PM
    ^ what i mean is that lets say John smith is in the phone book, if i start typing in "J-O-H.."

it says *no addresses**

but if i type in "bob dole" and hes one of those 9 people, then it find bob dole.

so the list that pulls up from the home screen is being filtered somehow, to just those 9 people. help!!
    06-13-08 04:23 PM
    Welcome to CB
    06-13-08 06:44 PM
    I have no idea to solve you problem, but I love the responses of people that also don't know the answer.... welcome to CB. I'm not complaining, its just an observation, and actually its a really nice gesture.....

welcome to CB!
    06-13-08 07:02 PM
    for the pop thing? yeah, been doing that for sometime now. only thing available to make it instant IMHO
    06-13-08 07:18 PM
    4) the caller ID picture is TINY. no fix?
    SOULJAH345
    i can tell you that the caller id picture being small cant be fixed but you can crop it. i can tell you this though when someone calls me the size is just right, unless you wanted it to fill up the whole screen which would be cool but cant be done .
    Hey revlis240, Welcome To CrackBerry............

As Far As The Caller ID Picture Being Tiny.......The Only Fix Is PHONEPIX: PHOTO CALLER ID, I Think Is Pricy.........But It Helps!!!
    Last edited by P.H.A.D.E; 06-13-08 at 07:29 PM.
    06-13-08 07:27 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-13-08 09:55 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com

I've never had the bluetooth issue, maybe that's on the Verizon curve.
    06-13-08 09:57 PM
    Hey guys!!

Guess what solved my problem? battery pull!!!! lol smartphones...

How come my call log only logs like my last 20 calls...isnt it supposed to log the last 30 days? i didnt see any setting for that?
    06-14-08 02:18 PM
    Hey guys!!

Guess what solved my problem? battery pull!!!! lol smartphones...

How come my call log only logs like my last 20 calls...isnt it supposed to log the last 30 days? i didnt see any setting for that?
    Of the 20 of the most recent callers, you can hit the menu key and view history. You will then see in/out/missed calls from those 20.
    06-14-08 02:28 PM
    welcome to cb!
    06-14-08 02:32 PM
    Ok, I have a Sprint 8300 that I bought 11/08. I had a Plantronics and now a BlueAnt headset. They both disconnect ALL the time! I called Sprint and they said it was the headset! I just turned the blue LED on at your suggestion. I hate the LED, but maybe that's a fix. If that's the case, it's kind of dumb on BB's part, but it's better than my BT disconnecting about 12 times a day!
    01-28-09 10:54 PM
    I would def. Try photo caller ID deluxe which can be found at this link.

Photo Caller ID Deluxe - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    01-28-09 10:57 PM
    You're right on target, you have indeed accidentally activated a phone book filter! Trust me, yours truly once made the same mistake. To fix it, go to phonebook > menu > filter, and uncheck the boxes. Good luck!
    01-29-09 12:31 AM
    And as to the CID pics being small, when you have a limited amount of memory, how much more do you want to lose to have that bigger picture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 01:37 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD