Forgive me for being a newb, but what are "service books"? and what does it mean to resend them?

Also, will all cell providers allow MMS ability with the 8330's ? Or is it determined by each company? I've got US Cellular, and was just curious if I'll be able to do MMS once the 8330's finally become available for us...

Thanks
    05-03-08 07:50 PM
    Service books tell the Berry device about services it is making available to the user. If you're having problems with receiving messages, keeping your calendar updated, etc., the first thing to try is resending the service books to see if that clears up the problem.

The carrier determines whether you have access to MMS. For instance, Sprint doesn't allow MMS, although you can use SMS.

You can probably find the info you're looking for on the US Cellular site. A quick call to their customer service will also get your question answered.
    05-03-08 08:35 PM
    Next dumb question....

how do you resend the service books? Is it something you choose on the phone or do you have to go to a blackberry website or something?
    05-03-08 08:38 PM
    Log into your BIS site, then look for the service books link, then select resend service books.

As an alternative - call your provider and they can do it for you.
    05-03-08 08:46 PM
    ok, thanks for the info
    05-03-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD