I just purchased my first Blackberry and have gone through the initial setup.

I am correct in thinking that I have the ability to browse the internet since I purchased the data package correct?

Everytime I click on the browse button the new screen that comes up says "BlackBerry Internet Service" under this it says "services" and has email accounts listed. Then settings is the only other thing listed on this screen. Nothing I see is a way to surf the web.

Is there more I have to do first in the initial set up stage before I can get on the internet?

I'm obviously completely lost and new, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but any advice on how to correct this problem as well as any how to for a beginner is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    04-25-09 01:29 PM
    Did you click on the little earth to open the browser?

Edit: I seem to remember having to do all the e-mail setup before I was able to play around with the browser.
    04-25-09 01:35 PM
    there should be a browser icon. if there isnt, from the home screen, press menu twice and select show all. if you then see it, navigate to it and press menu again and uncheck hide. if you did that and still dont see it, log into that blackberry internet service and click on the service book link and send your service books. also, after that go to options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now.. once done with that, do a battery pull, phone on take out the battery and replace in 30 seconds..
    04-25-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD