I just received my new curve this morning and I have to say that it is awesome !!. I'll be an addict by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty competent with these things and got everything setup pretty easily with the exception of the email. I'm probably over thinking it.

Anyhow, I expected my 8330 to hookup to the email just like the treo, just type in some server names, passwords and account info and I should be good to go. I read the FAQ's, have signed up on the BIS server, but it doesn't let you specify IMAP or POP accounts, just user names and passwords. Even in advanced setup, when I try to re-direct the server to my IMAP server, it gives me an error as invalid. If I have to forward my mail from one account to this [email protected] account, I'll go insane deleting both the phone and server emails. Again, maybe I'm over thinking this, but it should be a lot easier than it is. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
    05-09-08 04:24 PM
    Just feed it the email address and password. It's smart enough to extrapolate the info needed from just that alone. (works about 90% of the time) If that fails, you have the option to tailor the settings after it fails.
    05-09-08 04:31 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!
    05-09-08 04:58 PM
    Congrats your on new device...
    05-09-08 05:02 PM
    Welcome to the Converted (and Addicted).

See sig.
    05-09-08 05:42 PM
    You just got the upgrade of your life. Congratulations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 05:46 PM
    another convert!!!
    05-09-08 05:47 PM
    Welcome and enjoy.
    05-09-08 06:05 PM
    I appreciate the well wishes. I love this thing.

On my issue, for now, I've forwarded my Mailtrust account to my BB BIS account, but I know there has to be a better way. the IMAP mail servers at Mailtrust are either imap.emailsrvr.com (non-secure) or secure.emailsrvr.com (secure). I've tried both, tried to add an http:// in front, a https:// in front but nothing seems to work. I think it has something to do with what's being typed in. I've placed a call into them, but being Friday, no ones there. Anyone use Mailtrust for email hosting??

Thanks
    05-09-08 10:15 PM
    I had to delete the entire accountand start over in BIS. This time, for whatever reason, it worked fine. go figure. Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep a sent item in my sent item folder. I'll search for an answer.

Thanks Again to All
    05-10-08 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD